Need some help with .21 Mutt hydro.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I purchased a muck 21 hydro from saymikey and am about to start it.Do you guys have any pics i could see so i could look at radio box layout, tank location etc....

I am just building a fun boat and have bough a 3.5 k&B and black carb from another member and a Mack 3.5 pipe from another. :rolleyes: .Would this be a decent engine to just fool around with..

I have the expansion foam all out that i can reach with various picks and knoves I have tried <_< .

The engine mounts and engine installed.Stuffing tube epoxied in and the Holes for the strut and rudder are their as well so that is a no brainer.

I need some ideas for tank location(s) radio box ideas etc..

I have had bad luck with twin tanks and would rather go with only one and a 8 oz will fit under the deck in either side of the engine rail.Could this be done without balancing issues or would i be better off to try the twin tank again.

Someone must have some pics i could look at and there is also a member here that makes the huls I beleive.

lonestar something steve i think it was...

Thanks again Guys hope your having a good summer.

Terry

Is this the Muck sport .21? If so we mounted the fuel tank up under the nose in fron t of the motor with the radio bpx behind the motor. The best turn fin was one made by Mike Hughes who is on this site quite often. We tried 5 different turn fins. As a matter of fact the Muck sport .21 took 1st place at the Namba Nats this year.

The boat is really light on the water so we placed the motor pretty far forward. I can get you measurements on what ever you need. I can never seem to post pictures on this site but I can send you a personal e-mail if you woud like.

Robert Holland

Robert that would be excellent I sent you a PM.

The engine and carb that stick out quite a ways on the .21 k&B do not leave me any room for the front mounted tank.

I used the holes that were already in the rails and have installed a stuffing tube around that.

I might be able to move the engine back further but that would mean taking out and re-installing the stuffing box and the one i just installed turned out really well for only my second boat project.

What a coincidence i have the turn fin from mike for this boat .I bought it a while back just to have on hand when i started.

I would like some picks of where and how you mounted it if that is possible ?

Thanks for the help.

Back