Need gas fuel help!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use gasoline, I would try to get Ethanol free gas. There's a website to find where to buy it. I'm on Long Island and for a long time couldn't get it here. I had to buy it in Pa.. Now there are 2 stations within 10 miles where I buy it. Use it in all my engines, go-kart, minibike and snow blower.

Some great info here! Dave, thanks for the oil chart! And all the great advice saved me one motor at least! Thanks y’all!

in general the lower flash point synthetics are cleaner and are used for lighter duty. High flash points are used for hard running but can cause carbon build up and spooge. so a nice trade off is to use the synthetics and blend it with castor oil. that is what klotz and maxima 927 is.

but whole new top ends are only $44 and take 15 minutes to change. you dont even have to take the engine out of the boat. that is primarily what will go bad if something goes wrong. It really isnt anything to sweat about.

Last edited:
If you read my article you can see that as far as power, the oil doesn't matter. Any pump gas as well as Coleman fuel are about equal. There is significant high end power increase due to ring seating. Since we ran a variety of oils, I don't think the type of oil contributed to break in. Our M&D Zenoah had zero drag seals so the seal contribution to break in didn't matter.

Lohring Miller

If you read my article you can see that as far as power, the oil doesn't matter. Any pump gas as well as Coleman fuel are about equal. There is significant high end power increase due to ring seating. Since we ran a variety of oils, I don't think the type of oil contributed to break in. Our M&D Zenoah had zero drag seals so the seal contribution to break in didn't matter.

Lohring Miller
Years ago, the go to break in oil for my giant scale planes was Lawnboy. It did a great job, one gallon and then I switched to Redline. I used strictly aviation gas, it’s consistent, doesn’t smell and with no oil added will remain stabile in a jug for 10 years.

Back