Need gas fuel help!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any good 2 cycle oil and mix it at the OIL manufacturers recommendations. what ever the bottle tells you to.

after all it is a chain saw/weed eater motor.

A lot of testing has been done. For our engines 8-10 oz per gallon is the norm. I personally run 10 oz to 100 oz of fuel. Regular non ethanol unleaded or camp fuel. Running what the oil manufacturer says will burn up parts. Cylinder seal will increase with more oil. Then it becomes a matter of keeping the rod bearing alive. We are stressing these things way beyond design limits.

A lot of testing has been done. For our engines 8-10 oz per gallon is the norm. I personally run 10 oz to 100 oz of fuel. Regular non ethanol unleaded or camp fuel. Running what the oil manufacturer says will burn up parts. Cylinder seal will increase with more oil. Then it becomes a matter of keeping the rod bearing alive. We are stressing these things way beyond design limits.
yea we not cutting grass, it needs 8-10 oz to a gallon

Guys
This is all great info!! I have also been reading on the Klotz site and does anyone run R50?
Sounds like Coleman fuel is the best choice on the gas side……at least the least stinky, buy it in a can, few additives, etc. also very expensive, but if you don’t run much, it doesn’t really matter.

50% Coleman camp fuel, 50% 110 octane low lead aviation gas and 8oz. of a good quality oil per gallon. Rock solid performance and no smell. If it's a new motor don't run synthetic oil until you've put at least 2 gallons of fuel thru the it. :cool:

Don
That’s some great information, and thanks for the heads up on the new engine/synthetic oil thing. My engine is, in fact, brand new, so I need to find the correct oil. Suggestions?
I used to run Klotz and Quicksilver but there was a lot of carbon buildup on the piston. I changed over to Amsoil Dominator and no carbon. Clean as a whistle 😊

Latest posts

Back