nascar gen6

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good lord.... will anyone ever be happy? last year they complained about the two car tandems.....now its the packs? Im just happy to have some racing to watch!!!

I'm not a danica fan.... whenever she is in a race it's all the announcers talk about. She could be in the back of the pack and they will announce she passed and is now in 40th position..... who cares!I Many other drivers deserve to be shown. Her being on the pole will mean the whole dam 500 broadcast will be about her. Honestly I might not even watch now.

Interesting observation. I tend to agree. I grew up on NASCAR (the real version). I had season tickets to Bristol for many years, when it was "the hardest ticket in motorsports". I totally quit it all around 5 years ago. The broadcasts are dumbed down so bad, that it is unwatchable. The racetrack experience is even worse. It really isn't for the "regular" person anymore. It's a shame, honestly. Now it's just another hollywood award-show. Rich folk giving other rich folks awards and accolades. Not my cup of tea anymore. Like 'ol Iron-Head said, "That 'aint racin' "

-JB

I'm not a danica fan.... whenever she is in a race it's all the announcers talk about. She could be in the back of the pack and they will announce she passed and is now in 40th position..... who cares!I Many other drivers deserve to be shown. Her being on the pole will mean the whole dam 500 broadcast will be about her. Honestly I might not even watch now.

Interesting observation. I tend to agree. I grew up on NASCAR (the real version). I had season tickets to Bristol for many years, when it was "the hardest ticket in motorsports". I totally quit it all around 5 years ago. The broadcasts are dumbed down so bad, that it is unwatchable. The racetrack experience is even worse. It really isn't for the "regular" person anymore. It's a shame, honestly. Now it's just another hollywood award-show. Rich folk giving other rich folks awards and accolades. Not my cup of tea anymore. Like 'ol Iron-Head said, "That 'aint racin' "

-JB

wow........closed minded much? The sport is just as alive as it ever was. Yes, sometimes it gets a bit old they way they tend to try and "sell it to whatever is hot at the moment" but that happens on everything anymore. It is what sells.

Danica is going to make the wives, girlfriends, etc. be sitting next to you on Sunday to see how she does. The media has always seemed to concentrate on one person in no matter what sport we're talking about. That old fart on CBS Sports could do nothing but talk about Wonderboy during a race. In basketball it was about Michael Jordon like he was the only Bull on the court. I'd rather cheer for the underdog anyway as a win is much sweeter for them.

If she wins the race, 22:1 odds right now BTW, we will be hearing about that until you want to puke.

If you want to see racing, go to your local oval as it's tons cheaper and the racing is just as hard or harder. I've got one about 8 miles east of me and another maybe 10 to the northwest.

Don't worry Tom, nobody trusts her especially in the 500. She'll be hung out to dry.......==={}

I don't think that I am. I think it's great that a lady is in the field, not to mention on the pole. But I don't care. I quit watching that garbage years ago. That has nothing to do with my world-view. "Closemidned". Please.

-Joey

wow........closed minded much? The sport is just as alive as it ever was. Yes, sometimes it gets a bit old they way they tend to try and "sell it to whatever is hot at the moment" but that happens on everything anymore. It is what sells.

When she was in nation wide other women in the race hardly got mentioned..... Its her selling sex that gets her talked about. I don't mind women in racing. I just don't like her. I don't know why women put up with her degrading behavior either. Anybody see she killed indy? Nobody watches it now after she left. Will the same happen to nascar? She cheapens the whole sport.

Ron is right. Time to follow a new series. What a shame. I saw a stadium truck race last year and loved it..... I need to watch that more I suppose.

Oh... And hardly close minded. Selling sex cheapens the sport plain and simple. I like chrissy Wallace.

Tom, the Indy 500 became a yawner way before she hit the scene as too many races ended under a yellow flag. In the `60's, `70's and up until the early `80's it was much more exciting. Now most of the cars and engines are coming out of just a very few shops so they're more of a cookie cutter ride than the COT was.

Will the same happen to nascar?
Ha! No chance. She's just the sideshow that nascar wants. They've been salivating over this since Junior's failure to live up to his old man's name. Marketing. That's all it is. It's sickening.

She cheapens the whole sport.
Yep, but I'm not quite sure how it's worse than it is now. Every single being that has anything to do with that sport has cheapened it. Yes, as if you can't tell, I'm a disgruntled, has-been, old-time, NASCAR fan. Fan-no-more, I should say. My weekly Kroger flyer is more interesting than the marketing these jackasses are pushing. $.02 and all of that.

-JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my favourite chick in motorsports, she can drive too!

0626_AlexisDeJoria.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the race today had 7 drivers taken out at lap 15 when a driver got tapped at the front of the pack. All the carnage happened in the middle.

Learning how the cars will handle in different conditions shall be exciting to see as the season progresses

Back