NAMBA Sport exhaust discussion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

Ok Eric, my turn,

My Sport 21 has the exhaust exiting through the transom via a piece of silicone tubing. The tubing is 1/4 to 3/8 inch outside of the transom. Is this going to be a violation if the wording is changed to "no exposed exhaust systems"?

Good point . your post points out how a rule makers intent if not clearly defined can open up a can of worms. Maybe you can help out with this. Of course my intent would not be to make a small rubber stinger illegal, but after I'm gone how can anyone know my "intent" it looks like you have pointed out a huge problem with my suggestion. What I want to do is have any of the metal, carbon ... parts of the tuned pipe and muffler system covered. I don't think that the intent of the original rule was to allow magic mufflers hanging out in the open. But this just goes to show why I don't feel that a rule should be written to be left open to intent. I am sure that when the guy wrote the present rule they figured it was so clear that there would be only one way to interpret it . I would not want to write a rule that would open up that kind of problem. I have asked many times for help in the NAMBA newsletter and rarely get any maybe this would be a good forum to help write a rule that only has one way to read it. Let me know of wording that will help with that goal.

Eric Bourlet

NAMBA Sport Hydro Chairman

Thinking...

"Exhaust systems will be covered in their entirety by a deck, cowl, or an exhaust shroud, except where viewed only from the rear for the purpose of exiting exhaust from the hull."

Maybe something like this?

If you keep thinking about "exposed exhaust", looking into the rear of a turbine style cowling would reveal the exhaust system, would this be considered exposed? That type of thinking would not allow exhaust to be exited from the hull at all!! Thus the idea of viewing from the rear. Solves my exposed tubing problem also, as I can trim this back flush with the transom.

NEXT...

Last edited by a moderator:
delete post, found answer in other post.

Thanks Eric

Robert Holland

Last edited by a moderator:
Back