NAMBA District 16 Scales

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
The scale racers in Canada have two classes for 1/8 scale hydros. On Saturday they run "Classic Scales", basically the hull must be a 1969 or older vintage. On Sunday, they race "Open Scale", which is any legal scale hydro hull.

While it is a small district population wise, There are a lot of scales entered considering the number of total boats raced.

This has done a lot to spur interest in the older scale hydros. And the older style hulls are very competitive with the newer designs.

Thats right Al, and if you only have a classic, you get 2 classes with one hull. Seems like everyone in our district has a scale of some type with some of us multiple hulls.....

OK, here come da pics.....lol

Paul and the 59 supertest and Kevin and the 89 winston in scale hydro....

48002_157774737566342_100000014504036_512759_1157025_n.jpg

The scale racers in Canada have two classes for 1/8 scale hydros. On Saturday they run "Classic Scales", basically the hull must be a 1969 or older vintage. On Sunday, they race "Open Scale", which is any legal scale hydro hull.

While it is a small district population wise, There are a lot of scales entered considering the number of total boats raced.

This has done a lot to spur interest in the older scale hydros. And the older style hulls are very competitive with the newer designs.
Thats fantastic-Two days of scale racing! Good luck with the ol' Eagle Al.Glenn

Too bad you guys are soo far away,maybe we could meet in Iowa sometime. Or this fall in Seattle

Seattle works for me.....There was 5 of us last year at the northwest race....maybe we can drag one more guy down too? Greg?

thumb_dscn05561014x7600.jpg

Several years ago I ran my 1969 Notre Dame at the Gold Cup in Seattle. 61 Scale Hydros were entered. The crowd of spectators was huge. If you run a scale hydro, you need to attend the Gold Cup at least once in your life.

Several years ago I ran my 1969 Notre Dame at the Gold Cup in Seattle. 61 Scale Hydros were entered. The crowd of spectators was huge. If you run a scale hydro, you need to attend the Gold Cup at least once in your life.
Hi Al - You should bring that new scale of yours out to Seattle for the NW Scale Championship race in October - Gas - Electric and Nitro Scales running over two days - We get a big turnout and have a lot of fun.

The 2012 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 6th and 7th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. Currently we are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 5th in the afternoon. Please verify with me if you plan on testing on Friday so I can make sure we have a chase boat available at the lake.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes 1/8 Scale nitro, 1/7 Scale electric, 1/6 Scale gas and the Semi Scale Classic Thunderboats. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact us.

We are currently looking for sponsors for this year's race. If you are interested in donating products or would like to be a class sponsor please contact Marty at [email protected]

As of now I plan to be there going to try to get my son to come along and race as well.

Back