motor mounts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Bill .Yes , send me your e = mail address and with some help from 1 of my mates over here we will attach some pictures to the return message . My Executone is a 82 / 83 version that was started many years ago by someone who has since passed on and didn't get to finish it . I believe it is possible to get private messages sent through on International Waters , however I'm still finding my way around it .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Ian, I PMed my e-mail address to you.....it should come up automatically on the IW site, Bill

Hello Bill .Yes , send me your e = mail address and with some help from 1 of my mates over here we will attach some pictures to the return message . My Executone is a 82 / 83 version that was started many years ago by someone who has since passed on and didn't get to finish it . I believe it is possible to get private messages sent through on International Waters , however I'm still finding my way around it .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Ian, I PMed my e-mail address to you.....it should come up automatically on the IW site, Bill

Bill keep me posted on how this plays out, Im interested in looking at the mount pics when you get them. I got all the material layed on the air trap for mine ,now the fun part-sanding my azz off.

Sorry to make you blow the dust off yours ;)

Andy

Hey, i need some ideas from all the innovative scale guys out there... about 20+ years ago i built a dumas 1/8th scale atlas van lines,but never completely finished it....after talking with drew 2 (i blame you for sparking my interest back into finishing this **** boat ,Andy!! ha ha) im gonna try to finish it...here is one problem i have....back in those days there were a lot of scale boats that had the engines hard mounted, so thats how i built mine...there is no way i can change this set up to use lord mounts so i was wondering if anyone ever tried using delrin mounts with any success, or sandwiching viton or some similar material between the aluminum mount and the wood rail? im sure that neither of these possibilities would work as well as a conventional isolated mount set up, but i figured anything would help to reduce vibration....im open to any and all ideas and suggestions.....i know that running a hard mount isnt the end of the world...we did it for years....thanks, Bill
Hi Bill,

If you have a mount that you want made to match a solid mount you may sent it to me. I will make it from Delrin and rubber isolators to match what you have. I have done this many times and the current mounts that I make for myself was a direct replacements for the old Octure solid 5" mounts. But it has been a long time since I have see a Octure mount. I make a lot of Delrin mount and have been running them for about 10 years.

Mark
Hi Mark, Man i really appreciate that ......i have a machine shop where i work and i use delrin stock quite a bit......love working with the stuff....where im getting confused is how the rubber mounts mate up with the solid portion of the mount....also i believe the center section of the boat is only 4 inches..its a dumas kit....if there is any way to make a rubber mount set up in this boat without grinding out the hardwood rails this would be a really great thing...Thanks a bunch!! Bill
So what you are saying is the mount is a U shape mount on hardwood angled blocks. That means the motor mount is about 1/4" thick I am thinking? What is the distance from the hardwood block to the side of the motor?
Mark.. that is correct...I will get you some dimensions asap....do you want me to pm you? thanks, Bill
Sure that will be fine. Or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

I plan on using a plate style mount in all my inboards (Dumas) and for this reason...Non-standard cockpit widths.

However I am going to make them soft mounts using the standard upward-pointing bolts, only adding rubber washers and plastic thread spacer tubes to center the bolts and keep the mounting plate on location, another rubber washer or two on top of the plate over the stud, and capping it off with a stainless washer and nylock inserted locknut.

You can add or subtract washer height one at a time until your happy with the amount of flex you think you should have.

Everything can be bought at Ace hardware or Sears.

You might have to step down a size on bolt diameter, or open up the plate hole diameter to accept the plastic thread spacer OD, but going to that length to isolate the threads from hitting the mounting plate is almost required to get a complete "isloated" mount. Remember, metal to metal rubbing is bad for radio reception.

Mounting Stud Layout

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back