Looking For A Weather Station

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoboat

Boaters,

I am looking for a good weather station like the Top Fuel Drag Racers use. Anyone have

any information,pricing,etc.? Also,a good audio tach if anyone has a really good one.

We are playing with some new modifications and we would like to be able to test the

difference if any. :D

Don,

Thanks for the link. Has anyone used the Computech System?

Thanks For Your Time,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those Speedtech meters as seen in the link Don provided. I used it back in my Drag Racing days. It worked well. It seemed fairly accurate. But it is all relative as long as that is the only meter you are using to mointer the climatic changes.

Josh-

Boaters,

I am looking for a good weather station like the Top Fuel Drag Racers use. Anyone have

any information,pricing,etc.? Also,a good audio tach if anyone has a really good one.

We are playing with some new modifications and we would like to be able to test the

Thanks For Your Time,

Mark Sholund
Mark;

How much information do you want to know? Adjusted Altitude, Barometer, Dew point, Humidity, Water grains..?

Boaters,

Thanks For Your Time,

Mark Sholund
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv..._10571_-1_10137
The Jegs page will make you want to build another Saturday Nite HIGH ROLLER....... :p

Norm,

These gauges are what I was looking for,but does anyone use any of them here for their

boat set ups? The Computech System is what I am interested in I think. I know the Left

Coast boaters (G&M Racing) use something like this with really good results. We are

interested in this stuff for our S.A.W. program. The audio tach is the next tool we are going to

buy. Don any other links for them? :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

One thing I've noticed over years of measuring density is that in the heat of the summer humidity can make a big difference also, so I'd get something that can measure dew point or water grains.

If you play with some numbers in the calculator below you'll find that density is effected more by high humidy when the temperatures are high, prolly because warm air can hold more water. :)

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm

If you don't want to worry about the water factor you can just use a barometer and thermometer with a chart or simple calculation, that's about what those "Kinsler" type gauges do.

A good old fashioned sling psycrometer will work. I've got one that works well for me.

For the audio tach, there should be a noise meter that will give frequency as well as Db readings. Kill 2 birds with one stone. We used one of these (analog) back when the timing sites were installed in Flint. Got Db readings and were able to get frequency (rpm) as well. It came from one of the tech centers (auto).

Jim V

Norm,

These gauges are what I was looking for,but does anyone use any of them here for their

boat set ups? The Computech System is what I am interested in I think. I know the Left

Coast boaters (G&M Racing) use something like this with really good results. We are

interested in this stuff for our S.A.W. program. The audio tach is the next tool we are going to

buy. Don any other links for them? :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark;

This is what a lot of the Top Fuel teams use I have seen it in action and it will give you a lot of info. . I know it may be OVERKILL :unsure: , but just another option for you to ponder.

Alt Instruments

Mark, when we ran Top Fuel Bikes we used the Computech system, as seen HERE It worked great for what we needed. and it wont break the bank.

~James

Like anything you can spend as much as you want! The cheaper meter served me well for years adjusting my "dial in" for bracket racing. I mostly looked at the chagnes in relative humidity.

Josh-

:)

Like anything you can spend as much as you want! The cheaper meter served me well for years adjusting my "dial in" for bracket racing. I mostly looked at the chagnes in relative humidity.

Josh-
Mark, www.hyperformanceproducts.com shows a audio tach. Richard D

Richard,

I saw the one from Dave @ Hyperformance Products Inc., just wondering how accurate that one

is if anybody here has used it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Richard,

I saw the one from Dave @ Hyperformance Products Inc., just wondering how accurate that one

is if anybody here has used it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

After you first posted this topic, I went back and searched on htis site. It does appear as part of a past topic. They had 'relatively' decent luck with it. However there was something about accuracy, less than 100% at times (contradictory info in the same post). From what I read, the dictance quoted seems optomistic.

Search the forum and take time to really check it out.

Jim Vota

Latest posts

Back