Looking for 1” exhaust flange.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to fix them all first or they are pretty worthless. The counterbores for mounting bolts are under where oring has to seal. It can't seal properly with big hole under where the oring seals at.

This will leak and burn up orings every run,

nyyS8jb.jpg

This fix makes them seal up and oring lasts for a long time,

zVm420y.jpg

They are socket head cap screws and I put stainless steel washers pressed into the bores under them to raise the height then machined the heads flat at exact height of the face so it also prevents bolts from backing out but most importantly gives oring a flat sealing surface.
The orings can stand the heat of the flange for a long time but a leak is passing fire right past the ring and they will never stand up to that. if sealed and not leaking the brown vitons can stay in there until you take it apart for another reason not from oring failure.

Last edited:
You have to fix them all first or they are pretty worthless. The counterbores for mounting bolts are under where oring has to seal. It can't seal properly with big hole under where the oring seals at.

This will leak and burn up orings every run,

nyyS8jb.jpg

This fix makes them seal up and oring lasts for a long time,

zVm420y.jpg
These are the only type of flange that I have run since Carlo (CC Racing) started selling the ones that he produced. I don’t ever remember having this issue but I do understand your point of concern. I’ll most likely do this mod on all my motors for no other reason then because I would rather be safe then sorry.

Thanks for the tip.
CH

Latest posts

Back