Live Video Feed from World Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprfrk440

We did some testing with this today and everything seemed to work very well considering we are using a simple webcam. The quality is still that of a webcam so it is hard to see boats at that distance from the camara. So what I need is for you guys to tell me what you want to see, pits, drivers stand, or whatever, just post here so I can keep up with it. James Clegg suggested that we start with the drivers meeting that will be around 12 noon tom. You can view the feed from our website on the news page. Also you can double click the video window on that page and it will take you to justin.tv, there you do have to log in but the instant chat directly beside the video is awesome.

Live Video from WTC

Thanks everyone in advance,

Doug

wow thats great...

drivers meeting to start with is okay...

i guess lets see how it shows the first heats....

Ronald.

Maybe mounted in the CD stand, angled to catch the start and turn 1. That's usually where all the mayhem is. :eek: Looking forward to whatever you guys get us, great job!! B) B)

Maybe mounted in the CD stand, angled to catch the start and turn 1. That's usually where all the mayhem is. :eek: Looking forward to whatever you guys get us, great job!! B) B)
Alright, I will try that in open water this morning and see how the boats look. We were suppose to start another test this morning at 8:00 but that ain't gonna happen. Gotta get some supplies so we will be a little late getting the second test started.

Check it out and please give feedback.

Thanks,

Doug

Alright, I will try that in open water this morning and see how the boats look. We were suppose to start another test this morning at 8:00 but that ain't gonna happen. Gotta get some supplies so we will be a little late getting the second test started.

Check it out and please give feedback.

Thanks,

Doug
About 15 mins ago, I watched a little of the live shots and could tell that the wind was fairly strong judging from the trees and the orange boundry tape in the setup area. The picture is grainy but being able to see the site live is great! Spin it around to the track and let's watch some race'n!

Carl,

I've just listened to Gabe commentating through the first two heats of the championships, all the way from Cape Town , South Africa while watching the live feed from the webcam. The only problem is someone forgot to turn the webcam towards the pond, all I could see was guys milling around in the pit area.

Yes its grainy, and yes it's jumpy but its absolutely fantastic ! Please just re-aim the camera.

Good racing to all the competitors, and give Gabe my regards, his voice comes across loud and clear !

Wennie.

Now that the racing has started it would be cool if they would show the lake, maybe as previously suggested, towards turn one. Between that and the bang up job Primo does on the CD stand, it would be like being there B)

Very cool stuff.

Andy

Now that the racing has started it would be cool if they would show the lake, maybe as previously suggested, towards turn one. Between that and the bang up job Primo does on the CD stand, it would be like being there B)
Very cool stuff.

Andy
Yea, lets see some BOATS B) B) B)

Hey , VERY NICE !!!

Wish you all LOTS OF FUN RACING and could someone say hi to James from Bart Drieghe out of Belgium !!!! Owe this guy a lot !

B

In the chat area , she says it's still too bright to show the pond view, guess they will try later again.

Andy

In the chat area , she says it's still too bright to show the pond view, guess they will try later again.
Andy
I've had it on all afternoon and popped in every now & then to see if they have the pond/racing on... at @3:45CST they turned the camera onto the lake and it came in fine... unfortunately, they must not have realized and put it back on the drivers area.... and now the camera is just pointing at the ground. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy
I've had it on all afternoon and popped in every now & then to see if they have the pond/racing on... at @3:45CST they turned the camera onto the lake and it came in fine... unfortunately, they must not have realized and put it back on the drivers area.... and now the camera is just pointing at the ground. :huh:

I saw that too, it sucks....

I just minimize the screen and listen to the audio while I'm surfing.

Andy

Thanks guys for all of the feedback.

Randy Corbin had a great idea, when the pond came in clear we put his sunglasses on the cam so tom you will see all the racing with the sunglassed cam, who would of thought.

Drivers meeting at 8:30am.

Doug

Randy Corbin had a great idea, when the pond came in clear we put his sunglasses on the cam so tom you will see all the racing with the sunglassed cam, who would of thought.

Doug
Doug thanks for the efforts, a new first- B)

and VERY cool.

How cool would it be to have live feeds from Dist. races also,

never mind, the wife says I spend FAR too much time here as it is :rolleyes:

Andy

Doug

and VERY cool.

Andy

Racing went well today with 1.5 rounds run from 12 noon to 5:30. The winds kicked up some in mid afternoon for a bit but the drivers had to make the adjustment and most still did well. Winds are due to shift tomorrow more from the west and should be less chop on the water. The race conditions are vastly better than both of the races last year. We will be looking to run 5 rounds for this race, with 2.5 rounds tomorrow and the final round on Sunday.

Doug

and VERY cool.

Andy

Racing went well today with 1.5 rounds run from 12 noon to 5:30. The winds kicked up some in mid afternoon for a bit but the drivers had to make the adjustment and most still did well. Winds are due to shift tomorrow more from the west and should be less chop on the water. The race conditions are vastly better than both of the races last year. We will be looking to run 5 rounds for this race, with 2.5 rounds tomorrow and the final round on Sunday.
From the sounds of the audio today John, you guys where cruising right along with the exception of the extra time for class photo's(but thats pretty cool too). Should go like clock work from here on out, the forecast looks good.

Primo did a GREAT job for those of listening at home of calling the positions and what not-AS USUAL ;)

It was like a radio broadcast of a ball game, cept for boat racing- VERY COOL.....

Good luck, safe racing and most of all-

Kick butt TBM !!!!!! -

I'm pretty sure(from what I could hear) Fingers is well on his way to a great debut with that new Sniper ;)

No prisoners boys, do us proud B)

I'm about tempted to pass on the am fishing trip, but it's been too long- :huh:

Andy

Due to the response of wanting to see the boats, our Best Buy trip went well :rolleyes:

So check out the vid tom, not using the small webcam and will be able to follow boats around with our digital video cam so the picture quality will be alot better. Wasn't sure they would have the hardware we needed to do this but Best Buy came thru and the PCMCIA card was in stock along with a 14ft firewire cable. Can't wait to start in the morning, you guys get on the chat to let us know what you think.

We will also give out point standings at the end of racing tom.

Doug

Stay tuned guys, me-time productions is HOOKING IT UP for Sat.!!!

Great racing today, and even better comeraderie.

~James "gabe", one of the guys on the mic.

Latest posts

Back