Lipo Transmitter Pack

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a question for you guys.... as im not on the "up & up" with electrics especially the LiPo's... should i be using a balancer for my packs? I do not use them for anything other then RX power.

You should balance LiPo packs at least occasionally. Without balancing they will drift out of match with time, and eventually one cell will become overcharged, with the potential for permanent damage.

Bill, thanks...

I have clear understanding of what was missing on my understanding about the "comm" between the Tx and Rx.

I had a gray area between undervolting the Rx and the power that the Tx was transmitting. I did try using 4 nimhs

to setup the Rx with the Tx and it would not work, once I used 5 cells it worked like a charm... at least the binding.

I tested the Spektrum in the water and though it was not very thoroughly it seemed to have a bit more range then the

Airtronics... I tried to use the external 5 cell pack with the Airtronics and all I got was a weird noise... it's a matter of fact,

even when I tried using 4 cells, it had the same noise but less loud... go figure. I just plugged it in as BEC and did not try the external pack.

You should balance LiPo packs at least occasionally. Without balancing they will drift out of match with time, and eventually one cell will become overcharged, with the potential for permanent damage.

thanks. Whats a decent balancer to get that doesnt cost a bazillion dollars

I have a new 3PM Fassst 2.4 that I would like to get a lipo pack for, what size pack will fit and where is a good place to get an inexpensive pack, most of the 2100mah packs are over $75, I don't know if I want to spend that much. Thanks Rick

I have a new 3PM Fassst 2.4 that I would like to get a lipo pack for, what size pack will fit and where is a good place to get an inexpensive pack, most of the 2100mah packs are over $75, I don't know if I want to spend that much. Thanks Rick

I would buy 8 of the Sanyo Eneloop cells. 2,000 mAh NiMH. Charge like a NiMH, holds charge like a lipo. Use the cell holder that came with the radio, pull it and use a regular charger plugged into the plug to charge it.

Cost you about twenty bucks to do this. My 3PM runs for about 14 hours on these cells. That should get you through a normal day at the lake.

http://www.eneloopusa.com/

I too use the Enerloop cells in my HiTec SRX with Spektrum module, they seem to last forever. So far three days of heat racing without a recharge, and the voltage is still plenty. Who needs LiPos?

I too use the Enerloop cells in my HiTec SRX with Spektrum module, they seem to last forever. So far three days of heat racing without a recharge, and the voltage is still plenty. Who needs LiPos?

If you contact RC Lipos they can also make up packs using the Eneloop cells. Spot welded tab, complete with a connector. I am now using 5 cell hump packs in several boats and also have 8-cell transmitter packs. The Eneloop cells are not listed on the RC Lipos website, but they can still provide you with them. Professionally assembled using the proper equipment.

I love these cells.

My only question about Eneloops for receiver use is their ability to supply enough voltage/current under load for large boats and/or large servo loads. But I assume from Bill's experience they are okay.....

My only question about Eneloops for receiver use is their ability to supply enough voltage/current under load for large boats and/or large servo loads. But I assume from Bill's experience they are okay.....
For the kinds of loads that we have in a boat they are totally fine. I would not use them in a giant scale plane with 14 x 400 in-oz servos, but for 1 or 2 servos, no issues at all.

Super Z 2500 mWh 1.6v Ni-Zn batteries. More power Holds a charger longer www.ritz.com

Still hard to beat the Engergizer Bunny

Bob

I just wanted to rejoice on the convenience and economy using a lipo transmitter pack has brought me..It lasts a LONG time, I can turn on my M11 and leave it on throughout my practice session (5 packs) and absolutely not worry..

I'd love to hear anyone else's experience good or bad.. :)

I'm blastin' maxamps 2500mah

I want one for my M11. Please point me to them, who, what and where? Thanks, JB

I just wanted to rejoice on the convenience and economy using a lipo transmitter pack has brought me..It lasts a LONG time, I can turn on my M11 and leave it on throughout my practice session (5 packs) and absolutely not worry..

This is the pack i run.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info....products_id=260

I havent charged it in quite a few months now, used it all day sunday and only turned it off a couple times, and its STILL at 11.5v.

Last edited by a moderator:

I race for Team Airtronics, and Maxamps, and I use the Maxamps 2500 11.1 v pack

You will need bananna plugs with rcvr pack female leads on it for your charger.. A good local hobby shop (LHS)

that deals with planes should have it for ya'

Latest posts

Back