Life Batteries and servos?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
I have a Question is anyone having issues with life batteries using hitec servos. I have had issues with 85mg not working at all and 225mg failing within 15min after use. Do I have to use futaba servos? I am trying these with a fasst radio and on the pp setting not hrs.

I had a few junk 225 servos,I think there was a run of bad ones. Im done with that but use LI FE batteries in all my boats with HiTec and FUTABA no concerns on a 3pk

You could always use a UBEC to drop the voltage from the LiFe.

I'm running LiFe in everything now, unregulated with Futaba servo's. No more Hitec's for me.

Lots of trouble with various Hitec models (digital and analogue), using Savox HV now and zero trouble...

I am using the 3gr-2.4g radio.... is there an issue maybe with the micro and mini hitec servos.... so far gone thru $85 just setting up the radio box on servos... pretty sure these servos are fried.... never had issues with radio box setup before.

Thank You all for all your input =)

I am using the 3gr-2.4g radio.... is there an issue maybe with the micro and mini hitec servos.... so far gone thru $85 just setting up the radio box on servos... pretty sure these servos are fried.... never had issues with radio box setup before.

what receiver battery are you using anything over 7.5 volt is a no no

Walt Barney

Walt,

It is a LiFe receiver pack. Most likely it is a 2S(2cell) 6.6 volt pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
See my other posts on Hitech servos. I have had at least 10 servos fail this year, all Hitech and I am running 5Cell NiMH and some LiFE batteries. I am not sure if it voltage or product quality but I al going back to Futaba servos to be sure. I can't afford to have a missle come up on shore and potentially hurt someone.

D

Make sure you are on PCM mode and NOT digital as that will kill the servo's.
PCM won't operate at all with a Futaba Fasst system. It is PPM mode you want but in his first post he stated he has it in the correct mode.

Great reminder nonetheless as plenty of people don't realize this and just start plugging things in and turning them on without reading about the product first and wonder why it isn't working and by the time they figure it out there servo's are already toasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul... the battery i loaned you was a 6.6.... they do charge to maybe 7 and fall back immediately... I've smoked the little 85 and 65 mg's in my my 40 build with unusual quickness lately, and... Even with a fresh 5 cell nicad at 6 to 7 volts the Hitecs just dont like the high voltage... ( 6)... I've only had the problem per 82's 85's and 65's... upon any fresh battery install( race prep), theyll act quick, maybe freak twitch and things settle in after I do a radio/servo function test... ie just taking the top juice offa the battery and things are fine... idk... bad run/weak smaller servos, whatever... theyre less expensive than Futaba and we get what we pay for?... 225's are 0 problems... idk... the micro/mini deal hitecs dont cut it.... Mike

lol .... Cliff is running old school "AM 27mhz" stuff... nothing wrong with it... im just trying to get some stuff to be more of a modern style and failing badly ..... 3 servos shot so far and gonna go back to my FM radio... dont got time for these trial and error scenarios right now.

Anyone gonna be at hobart and have a r153f receiver i can use? At this point im planning on using the same receiver in 2 boats.

I have a Question is anyone having issues with life batteries using hitec servos. I have had issues with 85mg not working at all and 225mg failing within 15min after use. Do I have to use futaba servos? I am trying these with a fasst radio and on the pp setting not hrs.
Paul,

I have been using LiFe batteries with 85mg, 645mg for two years on the PP setting of a 2.4 Fasst 3PM. NEVER a problem.

Latest posts

Back