Killing time

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I towed my Hydrostream to the OPC closed course nationals in 1976 with a 72 Hornet wagon. AMC inline six!!! Jay was in process in Paulettes tummy and she was not happy sleeping in the Hornet on the trip. Got stopped by Cook County sheriff going thru Chicago at 2 am. $20 over the back seat of the squad car and I was on my way. That Hornet lives on in infamy. Kool build Mike now duplicate it full size.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
I towed my Hydrostream to the OPC closed course nationals in 1976 with a 72 Hornet wagon. AMC inline six!!! Jay was in process in Paulettes tummy and she was not happy sleeping in the Hornet on the trip. Got stopped by Cook County sheriff going thru Chicago at 2 am. $20 over the back seat of the squad car and I was on my way. That Hornet lives on in infamy. Kool build Mike now duplicate it full size.

Mic
Htv I'm assuming you are referring to the OPC nats in Kankakee? Sad to say after the long stretch of my home town hosting this event the city along with the k3 boat club decided to let it go. Htv where are you from?

My first car was a 1972 Gremlin X. It was a great little car. I will have to see if I can find a picture.

Don Hardy Race Cars in Floydada, Texas had a conversion kit to put the SBC's in the Vega. Made things a bit easier. You just had to know how to transfer the weight to the rear wheels to get the car to hook up. Cool topic here, guys!

Dick Tyndall

I have a 74 Vega with a V8. It was a pain in the you know what to do! Never again!! I'll put a big block in my model A before I do another V8 swap!

04-07-09_1824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back