I currently have a G30 with no power plant

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This to me by Club president here in North Carolina it's a lot of terrific people out there. Still trying to figure out a power plant for P Limited

Attachments

• 20241024_103637.jpg
    20241024_103637.jpg
    2.5 MB
My recommendation for a less expensive setup would be. Use a Leopard 3650 - 2290 or 2450 KV motor. I prefer using one of Fred's "Lawless" outboard units. Everyone one has their preferences on outdrives. You can go with a Flycolor 150-amp controller. But a better option is the Castle Hydra X8S controller. Set the drive up pretty much in a neutral position. There is recommended setup instructions on the Zippkits website. These are very close to optimal positions for your drive setup. Position your battery ( 4S 6200 to 6500 ) all the way forward in the open bay up against the bulkhead if possible. I position the steering servo just forward of the transom with the controller just in front of it. This should be very close to getting you on your way to a fun and competitive setup. Have fun with your new boat!

My recommendation for a less expensive setup would be. Use a Leopard 3650 - 2290 or 2450 KV motor. I prefer using one of Fred's "Lawless" outboard units. Everyone one has their preferences on outdrives. You can go with a Flycolor 150-amp controller. But a better option is the Castle Hydra X8S controller. Set the drive up pretty much in a neutral position. There is recommended setup instructions on the Zippkits website. These are very close to optimal positions for your drive setup. Position your battery ( 4S 6200 to 6500 ) all the way forward in the open bay up against the bulkhead if possible. I position the steering servo just forward of the transom with the controller just in front of it. This should be very close to getting you on your way to a fun and competitive setup. Have fun with your new boat!
Awesome Rick. Thanks!! I'll post a picture so I can correctly do this

Latest posts

Back