How many classes do you race?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one thing that traps me is that clubs usually try to stagger gas and nitro heats. I get stuffed because 1/8 Scale and Thunderboat almost always end up close together if not back-to-back.

I only run 3 classes have run more but it was just a PIA to keep up with the Maint. during a race, I run nothing bigger than a 45 so that I have time to fix what ever brakes or needs attention before my next heat comes around.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

I'm just getting back in after a 15 yr layoff from the hobby. I used to run 2 tunnels and like throwing in a 3rd boat that way I didn't have to wait all day before running again. Spread your classes so you won't be running back to back. I'm still going to run 2 tunnels and looking to set up a gas tunnel over the winter.

Hi,

I'm getting ready to enter my first race and was wondering how many different classes at a given race do boaters run? My gut feeling is probably 2 to 3. I'm sure at some point if you're entered into to many it becomes overwhelming. I'm just looking to have a good time and do some racing and don't what to get in over my head.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

John

I think this question should be fielded by Jerry Crowther & Tom Foley
LOL My problem is I try to jam 6 months worth of boating into 1 race ! Race 2 classes until you get in the swing of things with race prep , spare parts and thrashing ! Racing 6 classes and keeping it all going seems like a good idea but it is overwhelming sometimes to say the least ! Good luck at the race , you will be hooked !

I watch some people run one class but multiple boats and they seem like they never get a break. If you want to run two or three, go for it, but no more than that until you get into a rhythm on maintaining and prepping the boats at the pond. Trust me, there's nothing worse than going on the clock while you have an engine in your hands and empty fuel tanks in the boat(been there seen that)

Two or three boats gives you time to relax and talk to fellow boaters. If all you want to do is race and work then you can do more but I don't advise it. I knew a guy who used to run in almost every class. His wife would fuel the boats and do the pit work for him and he just raced . I raced with him for years but never got a chance to talk to him because he was always busy. You need to stop and smell the roses or you miss out on a lot of the fun. Not to mention getting some good tips on setup from some of the other boaters. Most are eager to give a helping hand and share some secrets.

I have slimmed down on the boats I play with becuz' the boats seem to get bigger and heavier!!! Til I get my Gas Scale together three is the limit! You can't pit/help/give advice to everybody and have time to make sure your own toys work??? Now you can just do your own thing don't ask for help and just say well this is how it is? Or you can really get involved and say "hey" is there anything I can do to catch up to you?? It's just a "HOBBY"" keep that in mind!!

Later!!

Pat

I don't race any right now, but I'm building boats for next year. I'll be running mono's in G1, G2, GX1 and GX2 plus Jersey Speed Skiff and GX2 Sport Hydro.

I have slimmed down on the boats I play with becuz' the boats seem to get bigger and heavier!!! Til I get my Gas Scale together three is the limit! You can't pit/help/give advice to everybody and have time to make sure your own toys work??? Now you can just do your own thing don't ask for help and just say well this is how it is? Or you can really get involved and say "hey" is there anything I can do to catch up to you?? It's just a "HOBBY"" keep that in mind!!

Later!!

Pat
Quote "You can't pit/help/give advice to everybody and have time to make sure your own toys work" Hit the nail on the head........==={}

Back