Help Identifying this Sport 40 Hull??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Can someone please help me identify what the make of this Sport 40 hull is??

Apparently, it's all wood, 36" x 19"... which sounds very "Dumas"ey to me...

DSCF0836.JPG

DSCF0837.JPG

Here are some shots the previous owner sent of the bottom...

Well... regardless of what it is, I just bought it, so I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with it now...

Hmmmm... Q-Sport FE conversion, or make it a Sport 40 to race here locally... Hmmmmm....
default_unsure.png

DSCF0864.JPG

DSCF0865.JPG

DSCF0866.JPG

DSCF0867.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumas was the only manufacture that used that bottom fuel window...that I know of.

Of the suggestions thus far, I'm least fond of the modded Dumas. The others sound intriguing.
default_smile.png
I almost picked it up thinking it was a Phil hull Darrin-

Heck run it ya never know- If you wanna dump it before you convert it F/E , let me know.

Andy

If it started off as a Dumas AVL sport 40 hull, it had been heavily modified. The hull in the picture looked a lot wider than a Dumas hull. Furthermore, the boat in the picture has a curved tunnel floor. The Dumas tunnel floor was made of two flat panels.

It's easy to modify a Dumas boat. I took a 20 sized Pak, widened and lightened it so it weighs about 40% less than a stock build

Of the suggestions thus far, I'm least fond of the modded Dumas. The others sound intriguing.
default_smile.png
I almost picked it up thinking it was a Phil hull Darrin-

Heck run it ya never know- If you wanna dump it before you convert it F/E , let me know.

Andy
Andy, there is a decent chance that, depending on what this looks like once it hits my workbench, I may make it into a legit Sport 40. District 8 could use another and I'm trying to get a couple of Nitro boats to supplement my FE there, since we only have two FE classes.

Looks a lot like this one to me!!!! I picked this one up for a good price, not sure what to do with it yet
default_smile.png

(Matching Dust too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris,

Your hull is an Steve Muck sport 40. I want to say the name is a "LiL Spartan" or something like that. It should be a fiberglass hull. If it's wood it's a Dave Frank hull.

Bert Dygert

Kris,

Your hull is an Steve Muck sport 40. I want to say the name is a "LiL Spartan" or something like that. It should be a fiberglass hull. If it's wood it's a Dave Frank hull.

Bert Dygert
. The muck boat I have don't have an air trap like that , it's supposedly the grand prix spartan??? But looks like it could be a decent ride kris.

Back