help finding the link

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john22469

I have read the link before about the phil thomas sport 40 build i have searched for it and could not find it. I know it is on the site but i maybe searching in the wrong spot. could some one please pm me the link thanks

Mike

thanks for the link but there is another one the guy is doing the build and it shows the hardware and a few pic of he building it. It also show different turn fins in the pics

again thanks

Phil

thanks that is the one i was looking for now my question is the strut that he is using is that namba legal or does the strut have to be even with he transom. I was trying if figure that out the rules as i understand say the drive dog can be out 1 length from the back just a little confused.

thanks john

Philthanks that is the one i was looking for now my question is the strut that he is using is that namba legal or does the strut have to be even with he transom. I was trying if figure that out the rules as i understand say the drive dog can be out 1 length from the back just a little confused.

thanks john
8. The propeller drive dog may be one drive dog length behind the transom of the boat

8. The propeller drive dog may be one drive dog length behind the transom of the boat
Does this mean if I use a 1.5" long drive dog, it's legal? I.E. the drive dog leading edge is even with the transom, and the prop's hub face is 1.5" behind the transom due to a drive dog that is 1.5" long (needs the extra length for the 4 set screws ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Philthanks that is the one i was looking for now my question is the strut that he is using is that namba legal or does the strut have to be even with he transom. I was trying if figure that out the rules as i understand say the drive dog can be out 1 length from the back just a little confused.

thanks john
The IMPBA rule says strut must be under the hull. I get the extended strut and cut it off at the transom.

Speedmaster makes a nice sport hydro strut now with the rear extension.

Namba has the one drivedog rule.

They are talking about standard octura or other supplier drive dog. not some special long thing. :lol: :lol: . You guys think too much.

Phil

thanks that help me out alot. That is what i was thinking but wanted to make sure before i cut the strut.

Thanks again the new boat is ready for paint this week.

Back