Hay Ken Your boat is done!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to get everyone straight on the Bud Karelson boats.

The 1968 boat was brand new and ran as the U-12 all year. It also ran as the U-12 in 1969. In 1969 it won the high point championship as it did in 1970 and 1971. Thus it was the U-1 in 1970, 1971 and 1972.

In 1970 the 1967-69 Miss Bardahl became the U-13 Miss Budweiser II. It also ran as the Miss US that year. It is easy to distinguish the two Budwiser boats as the U-13 has the long head rest and the U12/1 has the headrest molded into the rest of the cowling.

The 1967-69 Bardall boat became the first Hallmark Homes in 1971 but sank back east. It was then replaced with a duplicate boat put togeter in 30 days.

I am getting some detailed engine, cockpit and other pics of the U12/1 boat next week. If you need anything specific, let me know.

Harry
Thanks Harry We have made mistakes on the year and U# ID

The cowl/ fin I have is the molded headrest/fin style. I have to get the other style fin done. Wes modded the fin to the long headrest style for the Bardahl checker boat.

Phil Thomas

Back