Graphics Orders

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Hi guys sorry for being somewhat of a ghost lately. I've had a crazy workload. Besides vehicle wraps and banners and stuff I became a distributor for several lines of sign supplies and vinyl so I've had to fill orders for supplies to other sign businesses. I've also had a little case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that had slowed me down a bit working on a computer. But a laser treatment kicked that. Oh yeah then there's getting ready for the NAMBA Nats not to mention regular District stuff I've been buried. Been alot of 12-15 hour days over the past few months.

I'm very close to getting everything completely cleared off my boards. That includes some partial orders as well. I've been getting an order or two a day out. I've had my son coming in and learning how to do graphics after school. If he keeps going like this I'll have him doing a majority of the Scale stuff. Who knows maybe he'll take over some day and support the old man...yeah right! After I get this stuff off my radar I'm going to be taking a bit of a break from Scale graphics until August. I'll still take an order but ETA for delivery won't be until mid-August. So if you need anything just keep that in mind when you order.

As soon as I get some time too I will be updating my website with a bunch of new sets. There are about 30+ that are not on there now and I hope to get them up in the next couple of months.

Ok guys here's the deal. I'm sending out the last of orders I have on the board today and tomorrow. Then I'm gonna be under the radar for a while as I've got the NAMBA Nationals just a few weeks out plus I have to CD a District race next weekend. I will still take orders just keep in mind I probably won't get to it until the beginning of August. Also, one other thing....I'll be changing to FedEx Ground for shipping as well. To many problems with stuff not arriving as promised or arriving at all with USPS Priority. Shipping costs might go up a fraction if at all. But I will be back up in time to get stuff out for fall and winter projects.

Ok guys here's the deal. I'm sending out the last of orders I have on the board today and tomorrow. Then I'm gonna be under the radar for a while as I've got the NAMBA Nationals just a few weeks out plus I have to CD a District race next weekend. I will still take orders just keep in mind I probably won't get to it until the beginning of August. Also, one other thing....I'll be changing to FedEx Ground for shipping as well. To many problems with stuff not arriving as promised or arriving at all with USPS Priority. Shipping costs might go up a fraction if at all. But I will be back up in time to get stuff out for fall and winter projects.
Mike,

I hope my Pico graphics are the ones going out, I understand your busy, but I NEED them....................

Bill I sent the last of your stuff back in late April. Obviously by your question it never arrived. I will try to redo that stuff this week.

Ok guys I am starting to get a pulse back after the NAMBA Nationals. I will be back up to full speed by next week. I have been trying to recover most of this week and now I am getting ready to fly to Seattle tomorrow to do some Best Man duties for my best friend's wedding on Saturday. Jeez, I have to lose the shorts and flip flops in exchange for a tux for a few hours. At least I have a little time to go catch part of a UNW race and see the Czar and a few others.

Ok guys I am starting to get a pulse back after the NAMBA Nationals. I will be back up to full speed by next week. I have been trying to recover most of this week and now I am getting ready to fly to Seattle tomorrow to do some Best Man duties for my best friend's wedding on Saturday. Jeez, I have to lose the shorts and flip flops in exchange for a tux for a few hours. At least I have a little time to go catch part of a UNW race and see the Czar and a few others.
That sounds good Mike. I would like to get my 1/8th scale "1967 u-40 Bardahl" Graphics order placed and paid for asap per the email I sent you a week or 2 ago. No real hurry I just want to get on the list (my place in line).

Thanks again,

John Fruge

Madera, CA

No sweat John,

Well I'm up here in my buddy's condo overlooking Lake Washington getting ready for the wedding later. I'm going to the Raceboat Museum tomorrow morning. David Williams was kind enough to offer to open it for me even though they are not usually open on Sundays. I'm gonna go down for a couple of hours and gawk and take some pics. If anyone wants a pic of any of the boats there let me know which one. I shoot hi res so I'll get some nice shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

check out the trophy stationed there for Marty Shallenberger's Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship and the wooden models of each year's winners. Then maybe we can dream of being one of those winners. :rolleyes:

I really liked the three inch wooden carved models display the best. I tried thinking of the most unusual or not so well known boat ever run. It was there and in pretty good detail. I spent a lot of time staring in that display case.

Have fun,

Al Waters

I plan to check that out Al. I'm not sure I'll be there any time soon. MiniCzar is a pretty tough driver these days. Roger told me he beat a certain father son combo again recently. I didn't get a chance to go the UNW race while I was here. I'm still trying to shake off a champagne hangover this morning before we go to the museum. I'll post some stuf next week after I get back.

You were right about the carved boat display Al. That was too cool! I had a blast there yesterday I just wished I had more time before I had to catch my plane. The thing that was cool was that I met up with my sister and nephews who live up in Snohomish (about 45 mins from the museum) in Renton where I was staying and took them there. They had never been there! I was giving a hard time about living so close and they had never been there! Ol' Uncle Mike from California had to be the one to take them there. Of course they were giving me a hard time saying that I was like a little kid in a candy store. As evidenced by the picture of me sitting in the '61 Miss Century 21 with a goofy look on my face that I will post later. I tell you what....Bill Muncey had to be a small guy to fit in that cockpit. My big 6'5" frame was tight in that seat.

Ok so I am back in the office and attempting to get my head wired back into work mode

Last edited by a moderator:
mike,

obviously i'm way too late with photo request - you're home now. the hydro museum must be an incredible experience. i wish dave williams and / or don mock would make a 1-2 hour video tour of the museum for those of us that will never get out to Seattle. i don't think it would hurt attendance that much.

anyway, you asked about specific boat photos........i would love a set of detailed "walk-around" photos of the 1968 Bud Karelsen and the '67 dropped sponson Bud and the 1962 Bardahl, if it's there. they are my 3 favorite hydros in the museum.

sounds like you had good time at the weddding and the big NAMBA races but i know you're exhausted.

glad to read that you'll be getting back to the boat graphics soon. you must a huge pile of back orders.

i hope that the "CZAR" finally sent you my SHU SHU paint scheme sheet. no rush for those graphics but i'll take them when you can get to them.

dave weagel

No sweat John,
Well I'm up here in my buddy's condo overlooking Lake Washington getting ready for the wedding later. I'm going to the Raceboat Museum tomorrow morning. David Williams was kind enough to offer to open it for me even though they are not usually open on Sundays. I'm gonna go down for a couple of hours and gawk and take some pics. If anyone wants a pic of any of the boats there let me know which one. I shoot hi res so I'll get some nice shots.

If I remember right, Bill Muncey was under 6 feet but I don't know exactly how tall he was. The seats from the pre-canopied boats were made tight on purpose. Since they didn't use seat belts, the drivers had to be held in some how, so the seats were tight. The drivers also used a fixed pedal on the left side of the cockpit to push themselves against the back of the seat to hold them in better

Guys my website and email is down at the moment. I have a feelng my domain didn't automatically renew as it was supposed to last week. Hopefully it will be back up later today or tomorrow. Until it does if you need to get a hold of me PM through here. Thanks

Back