got to run a little today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I Live in Indianapolis, I was able to run a while this afternoon. I'm still running my .12 mono and Bantam rigger. Man, high nitro makes a big diference. I ran about 50% instead of 25-30 from the hobby store.

The notro made a huge difference in my boats performance. I richened the needle up about 1/4 turn and tossed the mono in. Made a huge difference. No more problems getting on plane... Top speed was maybe a little higher but the boat certainly got there much easier. This tells me I can now work on shortening the pipe and looking at other props.

How does nitro effect pipe length? Can I go shorter with higher nitro or longer? I'm thinking shorter but looking for advice.

Got to remember the crisp cold air will give more horsepower as well. You won't get the same results in the summer. There is as much as a 8 percent increase in horsepower in good air as opposed to a low air density day. I used to be fooled all the time when I set up my boats in the winter only to find that the short pipe length didn't work during racing season. That's why most of the record trial events are scheduled for winter, early spring and late fall. MORE HP!

You might have picked up more speed if you'd have blocked off some air flowing to the head.

It must be nice, I think that there is still ice on the ponds here but we had a thunderstorm roll through here earlier. Strange for January but I don't have to go out and shovel it.

You might have picked up more speed if you'd have blocked off some air flowing to the head.

It must be nice, I think that there is still ice on the ponds here but we had a thunderstorm roll through here earlier. Strange for January but I don't have to go out and shovel it.

Hey Tony, did you make the fuel or did you acquire some locally here recently? Man I wish my projects were coming along faster, I'm dying looking @ all these boats parts just sitting around screaming to be out @ the lake. I think this spring/summer is gonna be tons of fun over @ the lake :D

I didn't get the Bantam in. A storm came through. I am feeling really good about it though. I have to think I will have even better results with higher nitro fuel when I go the the Bantam. I have never run over over 30% in it and have had not problems getting approx 50mph with it. My target was "stable at 60mph". I'm very confident it that now!!!!!! Remember, most of the crew here gave advice on the design. At 2.25lb RTR and all their advice,.... we have got to at leat be VERY close... if not dead on! Website is up but far from complete... I guess if you guys are interested its a good time to build.

www.idmracingproducts.com

Anthony

How did the Bantum run?

Back