Gas Scale Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its a good idea to go by those rules,im sure that how it will end up anyway

Hi ,great looking boats,i was wondering what the ready to run weight of these boats might be ? i have just about finished building my second gas scale hydro, both boats are scaled up from Roger Newtons plans and are fibreglass hulls, the first is the 72 miss timex roundnose and the second is the 73 bud. the only alterations design wise, is i have added an engine pod.Do your boats have a lower airtrap just to fit the engine or to reduce air under the hull also? Any advice is appreciated as i dont have any boats to compare notes with over here ,thanks scott.

Hi ,great looking boats,i was wondering what the ready to run weight of these boats might be ? i have just about finished building my second gas scale hydro, both boats are scaled up from Roger Newtons plans and are fibreglass hulls, the first is the 72 miss timex roundnose and the second is the 73 bud. the only alterations design wise, is i have added an engine pod.Do your boats have a lower airtrap just to fit the engine or to reduce air under the hull also? Any advice is appreciated as i dont have any boats to compare notes with over here ,thanks scott.
I do not know finish weight yet. The airtrap I am removing to a point. it has a belly pan in it to lower the engine.

Scott was just looking at the Aussie endeavour in your Gallery. First time I've seen amodel of that boat, saw it run here in New Zealand in the eraly 90s.

Is it Gas or Nitro?

Hi Bob, i started building that model in the early 90s,dad built the full size hull for Ron Burton and i had access to the original plans, the plans had the big boat being longer in the afterplane than it eventually became.The model was only built for display originally and i only turned it into a working model with a cmb 67 about a year ago ,it had been laying under the house half done since i got distracted by dirt bikes about 18 years ago.It runs ok but is a little heavy and a bit too long i think ,and i need to spend more time with setup as it is a bit light in the front .

Hi Bob, i started building that model in the early 90s,dad built the full size hull for Ron Burton and i had access to the original plans, the plans had the big boat being longer in the afterplane than it eventually became.The model was only built for display originally and i only turned it into a working model with a cmb 67 about a year ago ,it had been laying under the house half done since i got distracted by dirt bikes about 18 years ago.It runs ok but is a little heavy and a bit too long i think ,and i need to spend more time with setup as it is a bit light in the front .
scott... just wondering If your hulls fit into the gas scale class - below is a link to our master hull roster for the class.

http://www.pnwta.org/editor_upload/File/PNWTA%20Hull%20Roster%20Website.pdf

Hi Marty ,both my gas boats are pretty much the dimensions on the roster ,i did mount the strut on the transom on the Timex hull ,(which i dont think is allowed under your class rules) because i thought it would handle better,the Miss Bud hull has a longer afterplane so im not sure whether i should mount the strut under the boat? Im in Melbourne Australia and the only gas scale hydros i have seen here are the American hulls which run in the classic thunderboat class with stock engines, and they dont run too often,I have to run mine with the sport hydros,whiplash etc. thanks Scott

This is a great start Don. Using a set of established rules will increase the chances of the class taking off. Keep up the good work.

Back