Gas props on nitro rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David..............Have you run that 2818 in a six boat heat Yet????
NO!

But I did run the MW3 at the Fall Nat's. In this boat with this same eng and set up. with not even a gallon thew it. remember when it took Johns Crapshooter by 1/2 a back stretch coming out of the corner on the inside. You can play it back if you didn't see it.

Was taking it easy on the eng still breaking it in wile racing it.

Has any one run one in a SGX 90 with a 1.01 in it in a heat race????

But what ever prop I land on I will be running at the Winter Nat's.

Ain't worth a crap if you cant race it.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge you are the only person that has run a 101 single?? And while you "blow" Johns door off, on the next lap you stuffed in clean water out front............that was not the prop. My motor was a stock RSV 95, no mods and I was very please at how it ran.

To my knowledge you are the only person that has run a 101 single?? And while you "blow" Johns door off, on the next lap you stuffed in clean water out front............that was not the prop. My motor was a stock RSV 95, no mods and I was very please at how it ran.
Watch the video again to refresh your memories. It stuffed in the corner the in same place in two heats. that infamous HOLE.

Who would ever think there would be a hole in the water in the same place every time. :lol:

I think it is the same one that swallowed some one else in the shoot out. :rolleyes:

You know what thy say about excuses. <_<

Watch the video again to refresh your memories. It stuffed in the corner the in same place in two heats. that infamous HOLE.

Who would ever think there would be a hole in the water in the same place every time. :lol:

I think it is the same one that swallowed some one else in the shoot out. :rolleyes:

No I don't know what they say about excuses................You will have to enlighten me on that. But if the U/L had stuffed on the same spot twice.............I/We would have been looking at everything on the boat very closely.

Water Was Bad............possibly the worse I have seen. The single class was fun...............But I also saw the potential in that class

to get very serious.

kepp up the testing, like I said............it is making good read.

No I don't know what they say about excuses................You will have to enlighten me on that. But if the U/L had stuffed on the same spot twice.............I/We would have been looking at everything on the boat very closely.

Water Was Bad............possibly the worse I have seen. The single class was fun...............But I also saw the potential in that class

to get very serious.

kepp up the testing, like I said............it is making good read.
I try to keep it interesting.

Well thats enough of this $#!t. Got tooling to buy. That dam Jim got me a wound up.

In this eng the numbers are 129 trans and boost 187 ex stock numbers. the chrome is still on the top of the export. thats where all the toque is coming from.

I am going to work on the boost angle and timing first to get a 3deg separation. will angle the boost to hit the center of the pug first then work it twards the back as I test.

Ordered the concave and convex tool bit in a 1/32 radii to do the piston work and make a mirror image in the button.will try the 50% squash and slam it down to .006 will end up at 9.1CR and 69 MSV at 24500RPM with a 1.02cc volume.

Was talking with Dave at the race and he told me he is running over 200ex in his big engines.

Got this mill for 300 with the tooling. could not say no to the deal.

David

Well thats enough of this $#!t. Got tooling to buy. That dam Jim got me a wound up.

Mr David Wilfong,

Never attempt to hold a liner, with or without windows, as you have shown in the photo. Even the smallest amount of tension exerted by the clamping nut will cause distortion to the liner's walls. Instead, clamp the liner in a fixture that only exerts the clamping force on the lip of the liner.

http://gallery.intlw...x.php?cat=10141, page one, liner machining & grinding fixture album.

I suggest the use of bearing grade 544 phosphor bronze in place of 360 free machining brass for any liner that will be used with high silicon aluminum pistons. The 544 alloy's thermal expansion more closely matches high silicon aluminum pistons (25 to 35%).

Jim Allen

Mr David Wilfong,

Never attempt to hold a liner, with or without windows, as you have shown in the photo. Even the smallest amount of tension exerted by the clamping nut will cause distortion to the liner's walls. Instead, clamp the liner in a fixture that only exerts the clamping force on the lip of the liner.

http://gallery.intlw...x.php?cat=10141, page one, liner machining & grinding fixture album.

I suggest the use of bearing grade 544 phosphor bronze in place of 360 free machining brass for any liner that will be used with high silicon aluminum pistons. The 544 alloy's thermal expansion more closely matches high silicon aluminum pistons (25 to 35%).

Jim Allen
Thanks Jim for the heads up. Will make the lip clamp. Will not be as fancy as yours but I think I can swing it.

Funny all that info in your gallery. wonder how many utilize any of it?

David

Incase i'm in the mood of some drooling , i'll go to the Page of Jim ( Allen) and watch the pictures . Its amazing and they are a piece of art in my eyes . And then you read the notes with the pictures , .

I've said this before but thanks Jim for putting those pics online ;)

B

Well here it is. just need to get the right bolts for the clamp.

Wow! This is beautiful! Now think what would happen if your fixture could be mounted to a Brown & Sharp, tilting type dividing head. You would be able to accurately cut just about any transfer or exhaust angle simply by using translation & rotation.

Learning to make fixtures is the important key that will allow you to make any part in the motor on a manual machine. Congratulations!

Jim Allen

Wow! This is beautiful! Now think what would happen if your fixture could be mounted to a Brown & Sharp, tilting type dividing head. You would be able to accurately cut just about any transfer or exhaust angle simply by using translation & rotation.

Learning to make fixtures is the important key that will allow you to make any part in the motor on a manual machine. Congratulations!

Jim Allen
nice job dave.you have only been in the hobby a short while and have been praised by one of the finest machinist in the hobby.glad to see people diving head first and trying any and everything.mikie.

Jim Allen
nice job dave.you have only been in the hobby a short while and have been praised by one of the finest machinist in the hobby.glad to see people diving head first and trying any and everything.mikie.
Thanks mikie. All this practice I will be able to make that 90 RS of yours a real killer eng.

Now get that JAE running right and you will have one killer ride.

David

Jim Allen
Thanks Jim for the complement. Especially from some one that has accomplished so much.

The Brown and sharp is out of my price range. The column on this little machine will tilt. I will use the digital level to set the angles. There are rudimentary marking on this cheap table. Will get it pretty close. I think it will work good enough for what I am trying to do.

Will take time to indicate every thing to make each move. But practice will make it easer as it goes along.

Better than watching TV.

David

Incase i'm in the mood of some drooling , i'll go to the Page of Jim ( Allen) and watch the pictures . Its amazing and they are a piece of art in my eyes . And then you read the notes with the pictures , .

I've said this before but thanks Jim for putting those pics online ;)

B
Yup, I too appreciate all the years of information and experience you've put in your gallery Jim.

One of these years I'm gonna get back to re-chroming liners and matching them to high silicone pisons and I already have a lot of ideas from your gallery on how to do it better. :)

Back