Fuel tank mounting ideas for ss45?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Does anyone have a way to mount a metal tank under the deck for my sport 40? I want to be able to remove it, but have a good mount so it won't move. Any ideas? Thanks Don

Is this for a Phil Thomas Sport 40?? If it is do the same for the metal tank as he describes for the plastic...

Does anyone have a way to mount a metal tank under the deck for my sport 40? I want to be able to remove it, but have a good mount so it won't move. Any ideas? Thanks Don
Dont know what Chris was told but in the past I have just used the flotation tubes to hold the tank in place in the deck.

The setup really dosnt say just how to do it.

You could solder some tabs with nuts on them to the ends of the tank and get it in positon mark and drill a hole thru the bottom of the hull so screws could be used to hold the tank. The holes in the tabs would be easy to see if you have not painted the hull by now.

OR how about making a wood plate with 1/4 square on three sides, leave the back open to slide the tank into. Make it to fit the tank then glue the tank mount into the hull.

PHIL T

Back