Fuel Cells vs. Dubro style

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Guy's,

I am so impressed with Grim's Power Surge Racing fuel cells, I had to tell ya about it.

I had one made for my rigger project, Just give him a Email with your dim. and around a week later ya got a custom cell for your application. They are the best quality I have seen for some time, tight seams and very well constructed.

I have had all kinds of needle problems using Dubro style tanks, and the leaking top is a pain too. This is all a thing of the past with Grim's fuel cell. Needle setting's are stabile and fuel flow is constant, no muss, no fuss.

I liked it so well I am going to pull it out of the rigger and use it in my SAW Sprint testing too, Just one less thing to worry about or mess with in your search for speed.

The benefits and longevity of the fuel cells far outweigh the extra cost involved, and custom fit to your hull is a big plus, no more wondering how your going to get that tank to fit.

Gene ;D

Are they really much lighter? I would have thought the metal fuel cells would be heavier than the nylon tanks. There is no question about the durability if you consider the materials they are made from.

Any tip's out there for looking after tanks?

I won the 13 oz. fuel tank from Grimracer in his trivia contest and I thought that it may be heavier than my Sullivan tanks that it replaced. Wrong! It was about 5-6 grams lighter than the plastic ones! The instruction sheet that comes with his tanks tell you how to take care of the tanks. His are very nicely made!

Had Grim make me a take for my 20 hydro, has a nice slant in the front to clear the cowling. Really nice! Will use them on everything from now on. Didn't know they were lighter than plastic.

Mike

Back