Flywheels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Can any one give me an idea of where i could purchase a fly wheel to suit an OS MAX 25 FSR ? Is there any specific formula to work out the deiglt & diametre?

I've seen some on eBay alegedly suitable for .21 - .28 OS motors but to me that seems to be a big range and perhaps a poorly matched wheel?

thanks

Hey David, do you need a flywheel to convert for an Outboard or for a inboard? You may want to post this in the general section if its for an inboard. Just a thought. Thanks! ~James

For a O/B flywheel I've been using the Thunder Tiger O/B wheel, ferrule and nut on powerheads as large

as the O.S.30VG-P-X and the RB728.

For the I/B engines the O.S.VZ-M wheel has fit a couple buggy engines I have converted to that application.

The VZ-M ferrule had to be "trimmed" lengthwise so the Aeromarine SS collet drive would bolt up better but

that area of modification will be different from engine to engine.

This is just what I have used, there may be other alternatives I don't know about. If the FSR has the 1/4-28

7mm shaft there should be a few for both type of engines.

JW

Hey David, do you need a flywheel to convert for an Outboard or for a inboard? You may want to post this in the general section if its for an inboard. Just a thought. Thanks! ~James
Hi James yep its an inboard , thanks for your help. Newbie to forums as well ...........

For a O/B flywheel I've been using the Thunder Tiger O/B wheel, ferrule and nut on powerheads as largeas the O.S.30VG-P-X and the RB728.

For the I/B engines the O.S.VZ-M wheel has fit a couple buggy engines I have converted to that application.

The VZ-M ferrule had to be "trimmed" lengthwise so the Aeromarine SS collet drive would bolt up better but

that area of modification will be different from engine to engine.

This is just what I have used, there may be other alternatives I don't know about. If the FSR has the 1/4-28

7mm shaft there should be a few for both type of engines.

JW

Thanks jerry

Latest posts

Back