First build, Scatwood hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChanceyChorney

Hi there. I am in process of building my first boat, a round nose hydro. I have changed a couple of things along the way, but mainly the sponson design. I was looking for any feedback from someone more experienced than I. Mainly, I would just like this boat to work. Not looking for a speed demon, just a fun little boat. Thank you. P.S. I may also configure this to run a Cox .049 on a pod up top, if I cannot save up enough for a motor soon. Just thought I would add that as it would change the balance some. Thank you in advance.sw2 (Small).JPGsw2 (1) (Small).JPGsw2 (2) (Small).JPGsw2 (3) (Small).JPGsw2 (4) (Small).JPG

Hi there. I am in process of building my first boat, a round nose hydro. I have changed a couple of things along the way, but mainly the sponson design. I was looking for any feedback from someone more experienced than I. Mainly, I would just like this boat to work. Not looking for a speed demon, just a fun little boat. Thank you. P.S. I may also configure this to run a Cox .049 on a pod up top, if I cannot save up enough for a motor soon. Just thought I would add that as it would change the balance some. Thank you in advance.View attachment 15545View attachment 15546View attachment 15547View attachment 15548View attachment 15549
The riding pads look rounded if so they will suck down and the boat will not get on plane. I learned this the hard way many years ago. Other than that looks good.

Don McKay

Latest posts

Back