Fastest Ebay CMB 67 Twin Nitro Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing he won't get that kind of $$$$ out of it. If he gets $500 he'll be lucky. I'm still trying to figure out how he figures twin used CMBs in a rigger are worth that much. I'd also like to know how he knows that boat will do 100+ without racing it in at least a time trial? I just can't buy that claim at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing he won't get that kind of $$$$ out of it. If he gets $500 he'll be lucky. I'm still trying to figure out how he figures twin used CMBs in a rigger are worth that much. I'd also like to know how he knows that boat will do 100+ without racing it in at least a time trial? I just can't buy that claim at this point
is that 100mph with the wind??? LOL!!!!

I never have run twins, but did anyone notice the 3rd picture in his gallery? My guess is that with (2) left hand props - he'd be doing nothing but circles. :D

I never have run twins, but did anyone notice the 3rd picture in his gallery? My guess is that with (2) left hand props - he'd be doing nothing but circles. :D

the motors spin the same direction... so you would need 2 left hand props.

the motors spin the same direction... so you would need 2 left hand props.
Whooops!! My Bad... :blink: I told you I never ran Twins.. Only in Electric, and I do remember reversing the polarity on the engines for Both Props!! :D So how do you guys counteract the Prop torque to one side - if the Guy on Ebay only has One Rudder?

Ted,

Interestingly, Twin riggers with two same rotation props are easier to make track straight than a single.

The reason is because the props are off the center line of the hull so the torque from the props have less effect on the hull. (Less leverage)

Should be a nice running 68 mph twin. That extra thick dual pick-up rudder blade will never see 100 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ted,

Interestingly, Twin riggers with two same rotation props are easier to make track straight than a single.

The reason is because the props are off the center line of the hull so the torque from the props have less effect on the hull. (Less leverage)

Should be a nice running 68 mph twin. That extra thick dual pick-up rudder blade will never see 100 mph.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking with the two Left hand prop thing. :huh: I think I started here at work too early this morning. After I posted it - I realized my mistake. :)

Ted,

hey andy..i was thinking more like 65..good to see you last weekend! i hope youll be racing

at the winter nats

He'll no JW I would never bid on that **** I would buy from someone here who I know. I just posted it here because I thought its funny

Im thinking with a 12 ounce tank he is going to need a fuel tanker about the green flag lap........

800.00 seems like a fair price for a rr twin, if the motors are in good shape??

$800.00 isn't bad for a complete rigger. Priced CMB's lately? For what he wants he's damned near throwing in the rest of it for free.

Only thing that sticks out it the 100 mph. But if you were listing an item for a friend, you would compare it to other items wouldnt you? So why would you advertize a twin .67 that you radared at 71 mph, and there are .45 OB Lap Cats that do 80 mph on ebay radar? Other than that, the guy has a couple good motors and isn't asking anything ebay outrageous, is he?

Throwing this out there, I bet that boat could win a heat race.

I guess its back to bench and 'net racing for the winter already.

Only thing that sticks out it the 100 mph. But if you were listing an item for a friend, you would compare itto other items wouldnt you? So why would you advertize a twin .67 that you radared at 71 mph, and there are .45 OB Lap Cats that do 80 mph on ebay radar? Other than that, the guy has a couple good motors and isn't asking anything ebay outrageous, is he? Throwing this out there, I bet that boat could win a heat race. I guess its backto bench and 'net racing for the winter already.
Jeff I just got a .45 Lap cat I really didn't want But if it will run 80 on the ebay radar

It should bring good money. Rite???? :D

This isn't even close to some of the boats that I've seen on eBay. A 70 MPH Radio Shack boat and a 200 MPH K&B .21 powered Prather OB 'rigger.

ALL my boats even my little 20's have seen 90 MPH!!!!

In my trailer heading down the highway :D

Back