Elizabeth City Records

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna keep this short because if I thank individually thank everyone that helped me, taught me, encouraged me and pushed me a little harder over the last few days, I would be typing till next Tuesday.

You guys in District 12 ARE THE BEST!!!
Heard from KDawg you were having a blast, wayta go!

"Washington Center, Air Canada 968 at 390, any chance direct Elizabeth City?" :lol:

Guys, watching two very good friends lay waste to the record was a treat for sure. Actually it was supposed to be a duel between me and them but unfortunately my SAW scale didn't see much test time (one day) before getting to E-City and things just didn't work out, it went back in the truck when it was clear it was not meant to be. I did wrap up the consolation prize of highest altitude achieved during a blowover, don't remember seeing THAT much air under a boat in a long, long time. :p

Again congrats to my buddies Scott and KP, they rocked the house this past weekend. B)

ACA968, Washington Center Unable, I've got a bunch of crossing traffic at 390, can you do 400 or I'm going to have to put you on a 090 heading for 30 miles. LOL!!

I'm working the next three nights. Will probably be on 133.82 or 120.75. Give me a call if you are in the area and come on down next spring!!

Watching Scott, KP, John and the reset of the gang was inspiring. Now I have more boats to build. I just keep getting deeper into this hobby. Glad my wife likes the UPS man....

Last edited by a moderator:
BTY.. what radio was being used?
Futaba of course! I'm fairly sure most or all the radios used during 3 days of record attempts were Futaba with one known exception. After that particular person experienced multiple range issues I gave him one of my spare 603FS rx's to put in his hydro and we programmed it to my 4PK which he used from then on. Needless to say he experienced no range issues whatsoever on any of his runs after the swap. B)

BTY.. what radio was being used?
Futaba of course! I'm fairly sure most or all the radios used during 3 days of record attempts were Futaba with one known exception. After that particular person experienced multiple range issues I gave him one of my spare 603FS rx's to put in his hydro and we programmed it to my 4PK which he used from then on. Needless to say he experienced no range issues whatsoever on any of his runs after the swap. B)
Good news.. no.. FANTASTIC news.

Just so you know we have also been having great results with FHSS as well. Brian Buaas has been using it all summer (SAW and all) and has yet to have ANYTHING unhook.

Futaba's stuff JUST WORKS!

Thanks!

Grim

ACA968, Washington Center Unable, I've got a bunch of crossing traffic at 390, can you do 400 or I'm going to have to put you on a 090 heading for 30 miles. LOL!!

I'm working the next three nights. Will probably be on 133.82 or 120.75. Give me a call if you are in the area and come on down next spring!!

Watching Scott, KP, John and the reset of the gang was inspiring. Now I have more boats to build. I just keep getting deeper into this hobby. Glad my wife likes the UPS man....
400? Not in this POS Airbus! Guess we'll take the vector, man I wish this was a Boeing! :lol:

Not working 'til next Saturday, but will be asking for you, hope to meet you down there one of these times... :)

Congrats again to you guys that picked up records this weekend. Had a blast working with KP and simply hanging out with everyone. Great group of boaters and friends, old and new.... ;)

Back