Electric ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt Barney

Vendor
O K all you electric people, I have a customer who wants to run and electric boat the size of a nitro 21 rigger,this is what I need

1. Where do I get a boat, rigger ..

2. What hardware is recomended...

3. What motor do we use and speed controller, and batteries..

4. Suggested prop or props...

5. what is the expected weight...

I run nitro boats and will try to help this man set his up and get it going.

Thanks

Walt Barney

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt,

Give me a call, or I can call you. It's going to take a load of dough to run an electric rigger at the same rate as a .21 rigger (heat racing).

Mike Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt,

Does he want to race or is he looking for a play boat? What speed do you really want to hit? There are a few ways to go. My 34" P hydro runs in the mid 70's, but it's an expensive setup. There are less expensive power systems that will run in the mid 60's. It really depends on the end use.

Walt,Does he want to race or is he looking for a play boat? What speed do you really want to hit? There are a few ways to go. My 34" P hydro runs in the mid 70's, but it's an expensive setup. There are less expensive power systems that will run in the mid 60's. It really depends on the end use.
Brian,

Thanks for the reply, this boat will not be raced he just wants to go fast, but has never run a boat so I think 60mph is ok

I would need a good starting boat and hardware, and as he gets into boating if he likes it to proced from there, I don't think the money thing is a object with him, I told him about the cost of electric go fast stuff.

Thanks

Walt Barney

OK, I gotta ask the question. You have a customer who has NEVER run a boat and he wants to get a 70 mph, or even a 60 mph, boat for his FIRST one??

Despite money being no object, he would do well to start into FE boats at a reasonable place. There is much to learn about batteries, how to wire them, controllers (ESCs), motors, chargers, charging, lipo care and handling, set up (to keep from frying things), and on and on.

Honestly, I think an SV27 is the perfect starting platform. He can learn what he needs to learn with it and then he can make an intelligent and informed decision about what to do next.

A 60 mph lipo powered missile in the hands of a complete neophyte is not going to do anybody any good.

Sadly everybody wants to go fast, but few are willing to try to learn what it takes and how to do it safely.

You don't learn to drive on a Ferrari, or at least very few of us did!!

Oh well, just one man's perspective here.

Back