Easy way to get into Fast Electrics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

Fellow Model Boaters.

I am thinking about trying a mono electric. What is an easy way to get into electric brushless of course.

I am thinking like a .21 seaducer with electric motor and speeds somewhere around nitro speed.

I am also open to .21 tunnel boat with electric and same speeds as nitro.

What about these little super vees ?

Who makes a good mono boat for electric besides seaducer ? same question for tunnel .21 size .

Richard

You can't go wrong with the Delta Force models.

The 33" DF or the 32" Cyber Storm from Delta Force are great boats for FE, relatively easy to set-up, and readily available from a couple of vendors. Paul Pachmeyer at FastElectricRC.com or Steven Vaccaro from OffShoreElectrics.com carry these hulls at very reasonable prices.

Comparable speeds to a well set-up B Mono with a Neu 1515 or 1521 series motor (Wind will depend upon your purpose, racing or sport running, and if racing, total distance you have to complete). Castle 240, or Castle 180HV Esc's are solid proven performers.

I am not a tunnel guy, but you should get some good recommendations from a few guys who post here.

Welcome to FE!

The 33" DF or the 32" Cyber Storm from Delta Force are great boats for FE, relatively easy to set-up, and readily available from a couple of vendors. Paul Pachmeyer at FastElectricRC.com or Steven Vaccaro from OffShoreElectrics.com carry these hulls at very reasonable prices.

Comparable speeds to a well set-up B Mono with a Neu 1515 or 1521 series motor (Wind will depend upon your purpose, racing or sport running, and if racing, total distance you have to complete). Castle 240, or Castle 180HV Esc's are solid proven performers.

I am not a tunnel guy, but you should get some good recommendations from a few guys who post here.

Welcome to FE!
THANK YOU

Welcome to FE!
THANK YOU
I see this boat on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/EP-Fibreglass-Made-RC-...1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like a copy of the Delta Force boat.

The hull may be ok but the electronics are far too lite and the hardware is incomplete. You would be very disapointed with this deal. You would get far more fun and life out of a SV27.

I agree. The SV27 is a great way into FE boats. Set it up with Lipos and you have an honest 40 mph boat. Good place to learn the ropes of FE. Chargeing, battery care, etc. Then decide where you want to go from there. They are a hoot to race too!! Plus you can run them about anywhere.

I agree. The SV27 is a great way into FE boats. Set it up with Lipos and you have an honest 40 mph boat. Good place to learn the ropes of FE. Chargeing, battery care, etc. Then decide where you want to go from there. They are a hoot to race too!! Plus you can run them about anywhere.
Thanks again.. yes I am looking at the super vee for starters. learing curve. then maybe do a build up on a 30 - 32 "

mono for electric.

There is a guy on ebay with a boat called Skunk Works. Does anyone have any info on his boats and stuff ?

Richard

I recently bought a Proboat Formula Fastech. I'm running DTX 4200s and an off brand 4500. Looking to upgrade to lipo but that's a time off yet - I'll have to put some cash away without the wife knowing.

The boat runs pretty decent, it's not blazing fast but not to bad out of the box with NiMH.

Here's a of vid - I'd probably been running for a minute or two when my neighbor started recording;

Back