Driver figure and steering wheel dia.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the weel I made for my Pride of Pay & Pak, it is just some scrap aluminum and the rim is 1/16' aluminum tubing wrapped around a bottle the right size and covered with black tape

bigjohn

wheel.jpg

Hey Brad,

Got my man from Warehouse Hobbies this morning but he is another 'big' bloke - just like the one I already have. Mind you, they have painted eyes on him like he's just about to have a fatal crash. I also got their Cockpit Kit and it has a couple of good steering wheels and some instruments.

Just waiting for a reply from RC Boat Company. My mate Bob Johnson pointed me in their direction and supplied a picture of their man. Just what I want - just waiting to see if they still make them.

Regards to all.

Wild Bill.

Gaday all

HI Billy

Mate if you dont want it ive got a drop sponson hull on the way to build a Miss Madison i might take it of your hands mate .

anyway ill talk to ya when i see ya again next club day???? :D .

Brad

No problem Brad. I just had another look at his face, you might need to wash his pants out I think.

See ya there.

Bill.

No problem Brad. I just had another look at his face, you might need to wash his pants out I think.
See ya there.

Bill.
So Bill now your looking at pics of MEN! I suggest you cut the cowl and lower the driver and seat to allow some much needed air to the engine bay. I fought my 82u55 for months till one day i ran without the cowl. Engine ran great but cowless that boats a handfull.

where did you cut it to get the air? picture? i lowered my drivers floor and left a 1/8 slot in front 2"in wide. AIR!! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT??? DUH!

just took my 3/8 forstener bit and put 8 holes in the drivers floor just above and behind the carb opening. water shouldnt be an issue as the driver has come in dry all the runs, if it is, radio box tape will fix the holes. hair, i mean AIR !. sheer brilliance mikey. thanks

dan

where did you cut it to get the air? picture? i lowered my drivers floor and left a 1/8 slot in front 2"in wide. AIR!! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT??? DUH!just took my 3/8 forstener bit and put 8 holes in the drivers floor just above and behind the carb opening. water shouldnt be an issue as the driver has come in dry all the runs, if it is, radio box tape will fix the holes. hair, i mean AIR !. sheer brilliance mikey. thanks

dan
I'd like to see pics of that too Mike & Dan. The Notre Dame I'm building will only be able to suck a little air around the phony pipes unless I cut a few holes elsewhere. Thanks, Glenn

Well, I havn't had any luck finding a 'half' man for my boat so I am looking at cutting out the floor and creating a cockpit/seat area.

So what does everyone else do?

Can I get some info from the hundreds of scale guys as how to go about creating this area for my little man.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have my own thoughts but I would like input from others who have actually done it. They say a picture is worth a thousand words - so any pic's would be great.

Many thanks.

Wild Bill.

Well, I havn't had any luck finding a 'half' man for my boat so I am looking at cutting out the floor and creating a cockpit/seat area.
So what does everyone else do?

Can I get some info from the hundreds of scale guys as how to go about creating this area for my little man.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have my own thoughts but I would like input from others who have actually done it. They say a picture is worth a thousand words - so any pic's would be great.

Many thanks.

Wild Bill.
Try e-mailing Dan Kramer(address is above your post), He did a nice job on a Oberto cab over. I think he dropped the drivers compartment around 1/2"? And added some air holes. Glenn

Back