Differences in Old and New Whip 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Supporting Member
I am keen to hear everyones (Bob or Brian) thoughts on the mods that have been made to the Whip 40 over time.

I finally got my Whip 40 built (bought it when the Whip 20 was first released) by Dave Kingston who did a great job, but he also built a newer version at the same time and mentioned there where differences. I have seen the new version up close and notice the 'air trap' extends forward further, but what else?

I have mine setup for 6S Lipo and it runs GREAT considering it's first 2 times it hit the water were in racing and it won them both!

SO I am keen to hear what is difference and why and whether anyone has run a new and an old one and can 'see' or feel the difference when racing them.

Cheers

Kris

Hey Mate - The only difference like you noticed are the front ride pads. They are narrower. The air trap extends farther forward.

Some guys are adding shims to the bottom of the sponsons, prox. 2 inches long and 1/16 to 1/8" deep. This seems to loosen the boat up.

Good luck Kris

The Dad

Latest posts

Back