Desired fuel load -amount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy alot ! Works as ballast and these boats can still run great rich....save that motor....Have Walt build you a tank to whatever room you have....

first tunnel now scale...oh boy...more boats to beat!!!!

Ron Ratoff

I have to agree, 20 to 24 ounces depending on the engine and how much nitro you run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, The Pak im building uses 2 12oz tanks that Walt made for me...they are fitted into the right and left sponson, ahead of the engine..the radio box is in front of the engine as im trying to get as much weight up front as possible....i can e-mail some pics if you like, just give me your e-mail addy....i know space is limited in your boat as with my Atlas.....just to let you know that with my Executone, using that WONDERFUL Picco, i only need a 16oz main tank, and a 1oz hopper and still come back with fuel! I would think the OPS should be pretty good on fuel compared to my slobbering gas hog MAC or CMB Greenie! Thats why ive got 24oz of fuel capacity in the Pak....its a HEAVY(my fault)boat and im runnin a CMB in it....did you remove the pads on the sponson bottoms yet? I still have to do that to mine...and im DREADING it! :rolleyes:

Andy, The Pak im building uses 2 12oz tanks that Walt made for me...they are fitted into the right and left sponson, ahead of the engine..the radio box is in front of the engine as im trying to get as much weight up front as possible....i can e-mail some pics if you like, just give me your e-mail addy....i know space is limited in your boat as with my Atlas.....just to let you know that with my Executone, using that WONDERFUL Picco, i only need a 16oz main tank, and a 1oz hopper and still come back with fuel! I would think the OPS should be pretty good on fuel compared to my slobbering gas hog MAC or CMB Greenie! Thats why ive got 24oz of fuel capacity in the Pak....its a HEAVY(my fault)boat and im runnin a CMB in it....did you remove the pads on the sponson bottoms yet? I still have to do that to mine...and im DREADING it!
rolleyes.gif

The pads are GONE. Some 40 grit discs and a die grinder will take care of that in a hurry Bill. Wear a mask!

Glenn
Glenn, i just wish i hadnt painted the boat...God! I HATE grindin on a paint job! :rolleyes: 10-4 on the mask!

What kind of fuel load are you guys running in your scale boats ?

Andy
Andy, Have Bill Gibson show you how he did the tanks in his PAY N PAK. Start making some sawdust-you gotta cut the radio box out to keep the pipe under the cowl anyway. I hear 20-24 Oz.

Glenn
Yeah know Glen , the more I think about it- Im leaving it like it is.

I may take some purist grief- but there really isnt THAT much pipe exposed- besides

I NEVER have an intention of concourse judging the boat,

btw hang on one sec Glen-

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Okay ready now- LMAO :p

I THINK ?? :rolleyes: I can cram an 18 or 20 and a 2oz hopper in there. maybe........

Rick it will run JW OPS power, If I can fanagle some type of drop mounts to let it clear the cowl- the OPS is taller than the original OS <_< of course ........

Andy

Andy
Andy, Have Bill Gibson show you how he did the tanks in his PAY N PAK. Start making some sawdust-you gotta cut the radio box out to keep the pipe under the cowl anyway. I hear 20-24 Oz.

Glenn

I may take some purist grief- but there really isnt THAT much pipe exposed- besides

I THINK ?? :rolleyes: I can cram an 18 or 20 and a 2oz hopper in there. maybe........

Rick it will run JW OPS power, If I can fanagle some type of drop mounts to let it clear the cowl- the OPS is taller than the original OS <_< of course ........

Andy
andy, i used to run a modded ops .67 with a rpm carb and carried 2- 10oz tanks and 1 2oz hopper and there wse fuel to spare. if worse case deal with hight and you can not use drop down mount, you can always make a little belly tub,have done it before with no complictions,mike.

Andy

Glenn

Andy
andy, i used to run a modded ops .67 with a rpm carb and carried 2- 10oz tanks and 1 2oz hopper and there wse fuel to spare. if worse case deal with hight and you can not use drop down mount, you can always make a little belly tub,have done it before with no complictions,mike.
Thanks Mike, I think I have something figured out to drop the mount some.

Here's what where talking about as far as pipe hanging out.

Lets here it ? :ph34r:

atlas pipe 4.jpg

Andy

Glenn

Andy

well, you can't run a turbine tube(maybe you can say it's a HYBRID) :rolleyes: do you have room in that hull to get the egh out the back?

Andy

Glenn

Andy

Lets here it ?
Looks fine to me......RUN IT!! If thats a nitro pipe, you need to stick a muffler on it...that would be the bigger issue, i would think.....

Andy

Glenn

Andy

How about pics of the inside, and the rest of the boat, please

Andy

Glenn

Andy

How about pics of the inside, and the rest of the boat, please

So you can bust my shoes- :p

lol send me your email addy.

Latest posts

Back