Cool Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark,

Just read this topic WOW THAT IS FAST. One question if you don't mind, how much pitch is in that x450/3 prop???

Don :)

The X450/3 has 1.4 times the diameter, which is 50mm so the pitch works out to a 70mm pitch. To break the number down completely, it's a 3 bladed nonlifting prop of 50 mm diameter with a 70mm pitch

Last edited by a moderator:
The X450/3 has 1.4 times the diameter, which is 50mm so the pitch works out to a 70mm pitch. To break the number down completely, it's a 3 bladed nonlifting prop of 50 mm diameter with a 70mm pitch

Mark,

Was this reply so correct that you choose not to respond?? :rolleyes: Most of us asking this type of question know what the chart says. Your sielence is speaking to us! Congrats. on your efforts. Send me one of those props.... :p You know I've got a credit balance with you.... let me know if it's not enough... ;) , I'm sure it's NOT nearly enough. I love the x-series.... but then again I'm a rookie....

DJ

David,

The X-450/3 was really pretty stock,I just tricked out the leading edge a little bit. :lol:

Speed is all about RPM and getting it to the propeller effectively. :lol:

Just Busy,

Mark Sholund

Why does it look bigger than 1/8th?
1/8 Scale is 12.5% of original Size or 1.5" to the foot.

1/6 Scale is 16.67% of original Size or 2.0" to the foot.

So a 1/6 Scale boat will be approx. 15" longer than an 1/8 Scale due to the math.

So, you are correct, It looks bigger because it is.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back