Compared with PLA, which is more suitable for printing complex models

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonchou

When considering printing complex models, both ABS and PLA have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here's how they compare when it comes to printing complex models:
ABS is suitable for printing complex models:
High temperature resistance: ABS is more resistant to high temperatures than PLA, which means that when it is necessary to print complex models for use in high temperature environments, ABS may be more suitable.
Post-processing capabilities: ABS is easier than PLA filament to perform post-processing, such as sandpaper, drilling and painting, which makes ABS a good choice when complex model surface treatments are required.
Interlayer adhesion: ABS has good interlayer adhesion, which helps to maintain the stability and strength of the overall structure when printing complex models.
Situations where PLA is suitable for printing complex models:
Stability: PLA is more stable during the printing process and is not prone to warping or deformation, which is very important for printing complex models with detail and precision.
Easy to use: PLA is easier to use for beginners, does not require special printing Settings or environmental conditions, and is suitable for printing various types of complex models.
Environmental protection: PLA is a biodegradable material, relatively more environmentally friendly, and emits less odor during the printing process, suitable for use in indoor environments.
All in all, for printing complex models, the choice of ABS or PLA depends on the specific needs. If you need high temperature stability, post-processing capability and interlayer adhesion, you can choose ABS; If you focus on printing stability, ease of use and environmental protection, PLA may be more suitable. The best choice will depend on how you prioritize the model attributes.

PLA+ is an even better choice. The main advantage of ABS is better temperature resistance. PLA, especially black PLA will warp in direct sun even at moderate summer temperatures. White PLA is better. There are several engineering filaments that have better properties, but expense and printing issues limit their use.

Lohring Miller

I use standard PETG for pretty much everything.

Attachments

• F7AE6E91-3DF4-42EC-93D3-EC58058B98AE.JPG
    F7AE6E91-3DF4-42EC-93D3-EC58058B98AE.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 0
Where did you get the Dry Martini model? What power are you using?

Lohring Miller
I made the plug a while ago and had a friend helped me with the moulds. It was supposed to be a one off but I got convinced to take some mouldings. Single Zenoah.👍

Attachments

• IMG_2185 (1).jpg
    IMG_2185 (1).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2C9811DF-F23E-44E7-B85D-5E2AB6063115.JPG
    2C9811DF-F23E-44E7-B85D-5E2AB6063115.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2945 (1).jpg
    IMG_2945 (1).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 0
Because I have no idea how the boat is going to run. It is truly scaled off the real boat and as we know that is not normally a good thing. More 3D printed parts.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2024-09-09-10-29-30.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-09-09-10-29-30.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PHOTO-2024-09-01-21-50-59.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-09-01-21-50-59.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 0
Back