CMB 21RS vs. Nova Rossi SXM?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on the Boca Junk!! :(

I ordered bearings for a Nova .12 and asked specifically for their highest quality bearings.

What I got was not High Quality! Most likely came from China.

That's how Boca can market themselves as the ".99 cent bearing store". They are probably paying .10 cents for the axle bearings that they are selling to the r/c car guys for .99 cents.

We get mail from the China bearing manufactures constantly trying to sell us bearings.

.59 cents for a MAC 45 (6001) bearing!!!!

I'd say Boca is lining their pockets and wasting your expensive enignes at the same time. :angry:

Jerry,

Sorry, we don't have a PTO drive crank for the Buggy engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same thing happen to my short stroke nova rossi the bearing split in half and half stuck in the top of the piston and the other half stuck between the rod and the crank case. two different motors same day. i thought i was doing some thing wrong now i see someone else had the same problem.

First off, no offense to those who sell Boca........... BUT............ you all need to realize Boca is a bearing DISTRIBUTOR, they are NOT a manufacturer. They buy bearings from others for resale so you can't be sure what you're going to get at any given time. Also I'd bet that r/c applications are but a small part of the overall business they do so they buy what they can resell at a given profit percentage. Frank O. made a point that the bigger motors may live longer on lower quality oil, likewise they MIGHT live longer on a cheap set of bearings as they don't punish said bearings like say a .21 Nova Rossi will turning the gazillion rpm's we boaters like to do. My personal experiences with Boca have not been good as well, hence no more Boca bearings for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back