CMB .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
Hi All,

Today I talked with my LHS and they have this CMB .21 LS with a green head for $260. The owner of the shop told me they would give me a killer deal on the engine, seeing as I didn't have any money at the time I really didn't get much more info on price but I will guess prob $225 or so. Would this be a good price and would this engine be competitive next to say the CMB .21 valvola gear drive?

Thanks Paul

I am just inquiring and this engine has just been sitting in there display case for the past year it hasn't moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Today I talked with my LHS and they have this CMB .21 LS with a green head for $260. The owner of the shop told me they would give me a killer deal on the engine, seeing as I didn't have any money at the time I really didn't get much more info on price but I will guess prob $225 or so. Would this be a good price and would this engine be competitive next to say the CMB .21 valvola gear drive?

Thanks Paul

I am just inquiring and this engine has just been sitting in there display case for the past year it hasn't moved.
$260 is less than current dealer price.

$225 would be a killer deal

So I should buy? I can still get parts for the LS? It is discontinued model? $380 for the valvola is just a little steep for me, if I can get this LS alot cheaper I might just do that if it is a good competitive engine (that I can get parts for if needed?)

Paul

This would be a first real race engine for me.

So I should buy? I can still get parts for the LS? It is discontinued model? $380 for the valvola is just a little steep for me, if I can get this LS alot cheaper I might just do that if it is a good competitive engine (that I can get parts for if needed?)

Paul

I think you should call Cindy and grab it up,you will like the performance

It's a good engine; buy it! Most if not all of the parts are still available.

Duane

Paul

I think you should call Cindy and grab it up,you will like the performance

Yeah she loves me lol, I guess it sounds like everyone is in agreement on this and I will make my attempt to buy. Thanks again everyone .

Paul

i would pass on the LS and get a valvola... they are doing you a good deal to see the back end of it...

i have owned and run BOTH and you cannot compare ... they are two different engines in power they just share displacement

IMOO

Jason

at $225.00 and brand new, I wouldn't pass on this.

Yes even if the Valvola and the LS have pretty much the same HP the Valvola will out perform the LS, because the LS wont turn as mush RPM, but the LS is still a good competitive engine and there's always little things you can do to help with the RPM.

You can always keep putting some money a side and later on get a Valvola green or red head direct drive (gear drive) if thats what you prefer.

Dan.

It will be a decent engine..... but you know the saying..... speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

Paul,

The LS 21 is a great deal at that price. You cannot touch a new redhead Valvola 21 under $430.00 shipped.

The LS 21 with some modifications will still work very well. Today new, the LS 21 would be $325.00 shipped.

So you can see the motor is a great deal. R/C Worldwide price is $400.00 shipped,but how about a header

for your pipe or a collet? :lol:

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Paul,
The LS 21 is a great deal at that price. You cannot touch a new redhead Valvola 21 under $430.00 shipped.

The LS 21 with some modifications will still work very well. Today new, the LS 21 would be $325.00 shipped.

So you can see the motor is a great deal.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund
Here it is for $380.... you know you want it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CMB-21-Valvola-3-5...oQQcmdZViewItem

I think it will be best till the new macs come out...

All I gotta say is Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz until the ice around here melts the only thing I have ever run was a RTR cat with a Dynamite .32 engine. So I am just guessing the .21LS will be more than enough for me for the first year for sure, and this boat wouldn't even be ready for the water until the end of the season. I got alot of .12 projects started that need attention first. I really can't afford $400 for an engine its gonna kill me ( I is a poor boater lol).

Thanks Again Everyone.

Paul

All I gotta say is Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz until the ice around here melts the only thing I have ever run was a RTR cat with a Dynamite .32 engine. So I am just guessing the .21LS will be more than enough for me for the first year for sure, and this boat wouldn't even be ready for the water until the end of the season. I got alot of .12 projects started that need attention first. I really can't afford $400 for an engine its gonna kill me ( I is a poor boater lol).

Thanks Again Everyone.

Paul
Poor boater... I know how that is! If it weren't for all my friends on intlwaters getting me a new .21 last year I might not have raced at all!

Back