classic thunderboat questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffaustin

finishing up a glass thunderboat i got from Mikey, got a few questions

how are you all breaking in your 260 zenoahs?

what is a good starting point for the torquemaster pipe w/ the 260?

also any suggestions on prop, thanks

Engine break in would consist of a gal. of gas with 8 oz. of oil and a lake to run it in.

pipe length around 12 1/2 from the flange. Follow the header to the center of the of the flat area of the pipe. If it is struggling to get on the pipe bump it out 12 3/4.

Prop maybe a 6518 or back cut 6717 or a 1667 are all good props.

Ray...we went with the ABC 2716-15* Rake and Jeff's Thunderboat is kind of chugging along. He is modifying the strut so that it can be raised a bit so hopefully it will unload.

Are you modifying your prop by reducing the prop tung or anything else?

Ray...we went with the ABC 2716-15* Rake and Jeff's Thunderboat is kind of chugging along. He is modifying the strut so that it can be raised a bit so hopefully it will unload.

No mods to prop, Chris Hoffman did it for me, just S/B. I scratched my head too because the boat was chugging along. I run a 1 inch header with a CC power master pipe, 2 inch band. Low and behold the pipe was too short. Took a piece of old fuel tube, cut to 12-3/4 and layed along the pipe to center of the band. I was short by an inch. I started with the strut at 0* even with the depth of the front sponsons and adjusted from there. B) ==={}

Yup round the tips on a 2716, makes a huge difference. We also get good results with 6719s as well.

Apparently Jeff is not having much on the good side of luck so far. First flex shaft started unwinding and the second apparently had a bad weld on the stub shaft...dropped the 2716 three blader to the lake monster. I gave him my raw 2716-15 two blader to sharpen and balance since I don't have time to do it. If his luck has turned around he should get the new flex cable in tomorrow. Raceday is Saturday!

I have a 1667 two blade that I got from Zippkits...it is a very round tipped prop so we may give it another try.

Where are you guys getting the 6719, 6717 0r 6715 props? Zipp has a 6717/3 but they are currently out of stock.

Apparently Jeff is not having much on the good side of luck so far. First flex shaft started unwinding and the second apparently had a bad weld on the stub shaft...dropped the 2716 three blader to the lake monster. I gave him my raw 2716-15 two blader to sharpen and balance since I don't have time to do it. If his luck has turned around he should get the new flex cable in tomorrow. Raceday is Saturday!

I have a 1667 two blade that I got from Zippkits...it is a very round tipped prop so we may give it another try.

Where are you guys getting the 6719, 6717 0r 6715 props? Zipp has a 6717/3 but they are currently out of stock.
Bringing my gas props tomorrow and I have a new shaft and collet......Do you have a Dremil battery powered? I will be there at 6 am till about 7:30 then after lunch. Call me if ya need anything else

Doubt that I will be there in the AM...certainly not at 4:45AM! I'll probaly be there around 11 or so. I can always run home and use my corded dremil...

P.S. making some mods to the Miss Owensboro....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back