Caspari

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Does anyone have his number or know if he is making boats still? Im looking for a cowl for a new project to do late next year and want to star getting parts together.......Mikey

Here is his website and his email is on there. This is the last number I have for him 316-685-8611.

www.geocities.com/thunderboatreproductions/thunderboats.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY dont want to say this but.... It started back in 12/31/05 and after many promise's and excuse after excuse. I'm convinced that I'll never see my boat. I saved all the emails I recieved from Mr. caspiri, You guys wanna see them?

if you are planning on parts for dick i hear he is going in for eye surgery. so it may be sometime before you recieve any parts. i have been waiting on a boat since march of last year. i understand he is very busy and this is only a part time job for him also quailty takes time

Well, I think its a shame that no one bothers to tell anyone these things. I have been waiting since December 2005 for my '82 Atlas van Lines. Last thing I ever want to do is bash anyone, but Im only good as to what info is before me. No returned emails or updates since Sept of last year and nearly 10 months worth of excuses.....and no boat. Now what am I suppose to think?

Last edited by a moderator:
SayMikey, have you considered Logan Unlimiteds? I don't know what boat you're building, but he does have several molds. He might be able to hook you up, though he is expensive since he lays up his stuff with West Systems epoxy

Well, I think its a shame that no one bothers to tell anyone these things. I have been waiting since December 2005 for my '82 Atlas van Lines. Last thing I ever want to do is bash anyone, but Im only good as to what info is before me. No returned emails or updates since Sept of last year and nearly 10 months worth of excuses.....and no boat. Now what am I suppose to think?
Have you sent Dick a down payment on the boat you ordered? If not that might be the problem, he generally won't even entertain starting a boat unless he has a deposit.

[Have you sent Dick a down payment on the boat you ordered? If not that might be the problem, he generally won't even entertain starting a boat unless he has a deposit.

It was fully paid for......

Hi Guys,

Ouch! :eek: As long as I've been reading the Forums I've noticed most guys who "build" scale boats seem unreliable. The only one I trust sending money to is Phil Thomas, you pay and he gets the job done in a couple weeks usually.
i understand he is very busy and this is only a part time job for him also quailty takes time
That's no excuse for taking a guys money and having him wait 6 months to over a year. It's laying up a hull not building the Empire State building.

Paul.

Hey 'Hydro Junkie',

You mentioned a source I have never heard of: "have you considered Logan Unlimiteds? I don't know what boat you're building, but he does have several molds. He might be able to hook you up, though he is expensive since he lays up his stuff with West Systems epoxy".

Do you have a point of contact where I can contact Logan's Unlimited??? I'll contact them and provide what I learn to the entire board as a source of Scale products - once determined. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hi Guys,
Ouch! :eek: As long as I've been reading the Forums I've noticed most guys who "build" scale boats seem unreliable. The only one I trust sending money to is Phil Thomas, you pay and he gets the job done in a couple weeks usually.
i understand he is very busy and this is only a part time job for him also quailty takes time
That's no excuse for taking a guys money and having him wait 6 months to over a year. It's laying up a hull not building the Empire State building.
Paul.
You guys talking about "Captain Excuse". Dick is terrible at follow up, meeting a deadline, and doing what you ask to your hull. You can call, e-mail and send him a telegram. Plan on waiting 18 months at a minimum. As for paying up front, you better get a well written estimate of what you are expecting to get back from his work if you ask for any special requests. I had several requests that went unfullfilled. I over paid and waited 2 years to get the boat. When I got it I had a guy in my club pissed I got mine first because he ordered and paid for his 2 months before me. Guess I was lucky because that guy still hasn't gotten his yet.

Also, don't let Dick add the fuel tanks. He uses crappy, soft tanks and cheap fuel line and don't let him seal the side walls because the POPCORN he puts in your hull....forget it the boat will SINK!

Hey 'Hydro Junkie',You mentioned a source I have never heard of: "have you considered Logan Unlimiteds? I don't know what boat you're building, but he does have several molds. He might be able to hook you up, though he is expensive since he lays up his stuff with West Systems epoxy".

Do you have a point of contact where I can contact Logan's Unlimited??? I'll contact them and provide what I learn to the entire board as a source of Scale products - once determined. CHEERS !!! Bob

Henry, you beat me to it, but I was going to ask him to PM me his email address so I could send him Logan's price list. I make it a general rule NOT to post addresses and phone numbers on the open forum which, unfortunately, are all at the top of the price list.

Henry, you beat me to it, but I was going to ask him to PM me his email address so I could send him Logan's price list. I make it a general rule NOT to post addresses and phone numbers on the open forum which, unfortunately, are all at the top of the price list.
Jerry Logan's e-mail address is readily available on the internet. I can understand where you are coming from and not posting is a good practice. But some people want their information publicly available. And Jerry is one of those.

Many times I see boaters aking for plans, pics, dummy motors, drivers, hull manufacturers, etc.

As much as everyone likes to jump in and be the helpful person, all of the names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and mailing addresses are located on page two of the NAMBA Master Hull Roster. And permission was granted by these people before this was done.

I know Henry very well................... he would never compromise anyones personal information if they did not want to be displayed.

Thanks, Al Waters

Back