Bud T5 paint color number

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Lumb

I am going to refinish my Bud over the winter. I don't think it is painted the right shade of red. Can anybody give me the correct paint number?

Thanks for any help.

Fred Lumb

Sikkens

Red 359

White 00

Black 242ss

Last edited by a moderator:
Why look for an alternative when Harry listed the exact colors?
BOOM BOOM
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The problem here is that SikKins no longer makes the #359 mixing tint. It was a single stage mixing tint that was used for year as the Budweiser main color. After SikKins went away, Budweiser had Dupont custom there own color mix for Hydroplane INC. If you scan the #359 color with a scanner. It will come out to a number of differant reds that are used in the car industy

So much for that question :rolleyes:
HJ some to most of these unlimited hydro's teams pickout there colors from perexisting car company colors.. :p ..The 07-09 Oberto's is a car and semi colors on it..When I wanted to get paint to touch up area's on my Miss Bud.But I didnt know what color code miss bud was in..So I took it to my local Dupont paint store and they croma vision it...It came up with a perexisting paint code..94 KIA blaze red..It match it to the T.......Used NASON base coat clear coat system on it..

So much for that question
rolleyes.gif
HJ some to most of these unlimited hydro's teams pickout there colors from perexisting car company colors..
tongue.gif
..The 07-09 Oberto's is a car and semi colors on it..When I wanted to get paint to touch up area's on my Miss Bud.But I didnt know what color code miss bud was in..So I took it to my local Dupont paint store and they croma vision it...It came up with a perexisting paint code..94 KIA blaze red..It match it to the T.......Used NASON base coat clear coat system on it..
Hydroplane Inc National Fleet number Dupont paints # 29198K. This is for the T5 and T6 and the Formula.Com Racing Boats (RED). This can be used on the older boats but will be just a little Lighter and Brighter than the #359 Hope this helps Doug Shepherd Madison,In

rolleyes.gif
HJ some to most of these unlimited hydro's teams pickout there colors from perexisting car company colors..
tongue.gif
..The 07-09 Oberto's is a car and semi colors on it..When I wanted to get paint to touch up area's on my Miss Bud.But I didnt know what color code miss bud was in..So I took it to my local Dupont paint store and they croma vision it...It came up with a perexisting paint code..94 KIA blaze red..It match it to the T.......Used NASON base coat clear coat system on it..
Hydroplane Inc National Fleet number Dupont paints # 29198K. This is for the T5 and T6 and the Formula.Com Racing Boats (RED). This can be used on the older boats but will be just a little Lighter and Brighter than the #359 Hope this helps Doug Shepherd Madison,In
This is good information. Any numbers for the T-4? Thanks

rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
This is good information. Any numbers for the T-4? Thanks
I can get that number for you I also have the Natioal Fleet number for the Gold #44469K. This is also a Hydroplane Inc fleet color to match the gold for the older Buds, Also a Dupont number. I will look up the older red boats number today Doug

I don't know if this helps anybody or adds confusion,but here goes.

Roger Newton's plan #166 for the T-3, but I also believe it covers the T-5,calls for Dupont Imron #29198.When I had it cross refenced at O'Reilly's in Dupont Chromabase,it was designated M2328K,Hydroplanes,Inc.Red.Harry sent me info on the 68 Bud which as Doug has said is a different shade.Kevin, I'm not sure if the T-4 follows the earlier red or the later,but I have info on both if you verify which one it is.

Harvey

Roger Newton's plan #166 for the T-3, but I also believe it covers the T-5,calls for Dupont Imron #29198.When I had it cross refenced at O'Reilly's in Dupont Chromabase,it was designated M2328K,Hydroplanes,Inc.Red.Harry sent me info on the 68 Bud which as Doug has said is a different shade.Kevin, I'm not sure if the T-4 follows the earlier red or the later,but I have info on both if you verify which one it is.

Harvey
for the m2328k is 96.00 aquart of cromabase..no formula in NASON..But the Hydroplane Inc National Fleet number Dupont paints # 29198K. This is for the T5 and T6,That is 136.00 aquart of cromabase..But theres a formula for NASON that is 41.00 aquart...NASON is Dupont buget paintline.I can find out what's PPG cost..Been using there Omini/shopline paint system..and see if they have the paint formula for t-4,5,6.

Harvey
T4 are the codes I quoted originally and whatever those convert to through the scanning/matching process. I know I have used the dupont hydroplanes inc color in the past and it is dead on.

Back