Bud T-5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

Looking for some options for paint on the T-5 boat , I'm sure it raced under a number of different sponsors after Bud.

Thanks Tim

It can be the U-7 Formula boats.com, U-7 Air national guard, and the 2011 U-5 graham trucking.

Tim, who's T5 is it? I have a Phil Tomas one and have the same question as you.

Thanks
It's an older PT boat that I've been messing around with this summer , trying to get it to a level were it would be competitive before I repaint .

Tim

I will be getting a Phil Thomas T-5 as well, also with the line up I posted earlier. You can do the U-13, and the 2000, Elam. I believe you can do other boats with some mods to the T-5 like a swim deck and such just look at the boat and get the details right. Phil's should make other modern hulls.

I will be getting a Phil Thomas T-5 as well, also with the line up I posted earlier. You can do the U-13, and the 2000, Elam. I believe you can do other boats with some mods to the T-5 like a swim deck and such just look at the boat and get the details right. Phil's should make other modern hulls.
If you do the swim deck mod, post pics please.

The canard on the 2000 Elam is very similar to the Leland boats in that the leading edge is slightly above the front of the cockpit, unlike the Bud hulls where the canard is smoothly faired in roughly in the middle of the cockpit sides. To change the T-5 into the Elam, a T-2/3 or Leland cockpit would be needed since the T-5 has the rounded safely capsule style cockpit

That is true the 2000 Elam was a different hull, the one from Phil's website shows it can make the 2001. The 2001 was built like the bud boats. From what I seen as far as mods add a swim deck to

The back and on the cowling there a few detail cutouts on it and the turbine tube is different. It's not like the Buds.

Back