boat pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimv

I have taken lots of photos in boat racing. Look in the picture gallery under jimv for some examples.

Can you guys make some suggestions of boats that you like to see pictures posted for. I will be willing to post some in the gallery for your personal use as reference for the scale boats. They will not be available for commercial use. I will be putting a water mark of some kind on them to help prevent any unauthorized commercial use.

So, that said, make your requests so i can put together a list for scanning. I'm going to start going through my slides and negatives and scan a few as time allows.

You cannot post very large files in the gallery. Are there any recomendations for file size and type (prefered)? It would be nice to do them all the same.

Some boats I have a lot of photos of, while others only a few. These include unlimited, offshore, tunnel, inboard, stock, mod, pro outboards (not that you would be interested in anything but the unlimiteds). Mostly from 1985 until 1995. I do have some older photos as well. The older photos are not always as high a quality as the newer ones (camera equipment and film used).

Jim Vota

Do you have any photos of the Miss Bud 1968 U-12.[see Wes thread about Ken,s boat being done,a 1968

Miss Bud U-1]

If you have choice of photos it would be great to have cockpit,driver,and engine photos.

I think its tremendous of you to do this.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville Tn.

OK guys, I really didn't take too many good quality photos before I got some good camera equipment in '85. I do have some pics. from earlier, but they are hit and miss. With that said, I'll check to see what I have for some earlier boats, like the Pay n Pak rigger I posted.

The Coral Reef, I don't recall it running in Detroit where I grew up. I rember the boat running as Kol Roy in Detroit. I was 5 at the time. For the older boats like that, the best I can recomend is checking sources in the Seattle area like the Eileen Crimmen (SP?) collection. I do have some prints from other people but really don't feel comfortable posting them.

I'll put the boats you listed on a list and if I come across photos, I'll post them. I think I have a couple of the Bud from 1970.

I have some pictures of the 1984 Squire Shop in this gallery:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=209

Feel free to take what you want. :)

Russell,

Great collection of photos.

JimV

Do you have any photos of the Miss Bud 1968 U-12.[see Wes thread about Ken,s boat being done,a 1968

Miss Bud U-1]

If you have choice of photos it would be great to have cockpit,driver,and engine photos.

I think its tremendous of you to do this.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville Tn.

I sent you a PM regarding detailed photos of the 1968 Bud. Let me know if I can help.

Harry

Do you have any good pictures of the 68 Smirnoff "Bat boat"? I've been trying to find a good shot of the graphic that's on the front of the cowl.

Glenn

Do you have any good pictures of the 68 Smirnoff "Bat boat"? I've been trying to find a good shot of the graphic that's on the front of the cowl.

Glenn
Glenn, sorry, I don't have any photos of the Smirnoff from '68. I do believe that the graphic on the front cowl is the Smirnoff Vodka graphic. Check online to see if there are any references to old bottle lablels. If I come across something I'll post it.

JimV

I would love some pics of the rear wing, cowl, and side sponson of the Miss Maddison Dewalt boat! If you have any or can get some that would be great.

THanks,

Cliff

what about phoyos of 88 Bud ?

what about phoyos of 88 Bud ?
I have some photos of the '88 Bud. I was only at Eveansville and Detroit that year. At the first race of the season, Jim Kropfeld was run over by the Pringles in the first turn of the race. Jim sat out the year with a halo because of a few broken vertabrae from the accident. The boat they took to Detroit wa the '87 hull and Tom D'Eath drove the remainder of the year. At Evansville, the '88 hull was back up and running until the second heat when Tom blew it over. I have a hand full of shots from Evansville before the blow over.

My computer with the scanner is down for the time being. I should get it back up and running a little later today (I hope). I post some of these later.

Any photos of the 89/90 Oberto would be great

Thanks,

Marty
Marty,

The '89 and '90 boat is the same boat with a different paint scheme. The '88-'89 version had the dark green O'Berto colors with George Woods driving. The '90 version was the Floescent green / red with Mark Tate.

Which are you looking for?

JimV

Latest posts

Back