Black Rubber Pad

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Guys need your help (especially guys from the west)

Have purchased scales from your area and haved noticed that some of these scale have a black rubber like pad either used for floatation or water shield for the air scoop..Its about a 16th or 32nd thick...

Wher can i purchase this......THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Have purchased scales from your area and haved noticed that some of these scale have a black rubber like pad either used for floatation or water shield for the air scoop..Its about a 16th or 32nd thick...

Hey Mike. I don't know what they use, but in the past, I have used either window screen or the material out of a furnace filter to prevent that big gulp of water from spraying in. You may get a little water but it won't be all at once being sucked into your carb.

Rich Jones/Cincinnati, Ohio

Mike,

I Used to use Neoprene Sponge Rubber (closed-cell, Black) for a long time. Currently I use a Silicone (orange) Foam rubber, or just plain silicone rubber in 1/32 inch, or 1/16 inch thickness. McMaster-Carr sells it. WWW.McMaster.com

Let me know if you need more help locating. The silicone stuff never breaks-down.

Sincerely,

David Jensen

P.S. - Never heard of 'Fun-Foam'... sounds Fun...not sure about Nitro-Fun though :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used fun foam for about 15 years.. sounds like the stuff you use David.. Nitro doesn't bother it ...Cost about a buck for a 15x 12 sheet... We Use it for floation on our cowlings...

You guys are the best,,,THANKS
Has anyone tried the black closed cell foam that is used to line the drawers in snap on or blue point tool boxes? It's about 1/16 thick and resists oil but 40-50 percent nitro I don't know.

Back