Big THANKS to Phil T.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm after a brain fart I have over come the problems at the pond this weekend!!!! Just might be able to get that 1440 going after all!!!!
Kevin, funny thing is, I tossed my PT SS21 in the water this weekend, first launch this year right. Guess what? I just plopped it in the water, and said to myself (you dumb ****, you just told kevin how hard you have to launch the boat, then you plop it in the water :lol: ) And yes, I was in the retrieval boat, as it died in the middle of the back stretch, wouldnt come up. Next launch, gave it a nice toss, and some throttle, and she jumped up about 50 ft out from the bank.
Dear Rodney LUANCH THE BOAT :D :lol: No pussy footing :p

OK todays run......

After tossing in water taking one lap, bring it in re adjust start and re-sender her out.... About a hundred times,,,,, moving the needle a 1/8 inch at a time.... I have FOUND THE NEEDLE!!!!!! For today anyway!!!!! Pipe shortened but still conservative... I would have to say the pipe is at about 8 and 5/8 inches....

I tried the 440/3 blade awsome prop but slips in corner a bit but turns easy and a m440 digs hard and never lets go!!! Tried the 1440 and she just cant handle it till I do some work to it....

Posted another video but had to do it by myself and set the camera down and the it recorded it side ways... So turn monitor on its side or lay on your desk :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev,

If you can tape and run at the same time your doing better than I am. :lol:

Tim

I have to get mine out agian. Hey all you guys can bring your sport20 hydros to the QC Roostertails race and we will have a good run there.

PHIL

I have to get mine out agian. Hey all you guys can bring your sport20 hydros to the QC Roostertails race and we will have a good run there.

PHIL

You never know, with all the out of town work who knows where I might show up racing!!!!

PHIL
Phil, I can't make the Quad Cities race due to my work schedule, but I'll be in Evansville for the Nitro Nats, and Hobart for the Masters.

Looking sweet Kevin. I've seen Phil's boats on line. They are beautiful. How are those GO engines. Haven't heard a lot about them. I have a Wave Slave that I'm working on right now. I'm thinking about the GO vs. The NR TOP long stroke. I'm sure the NR is the way to go, but......$$$$$$$. Is the old saying, "You get what you pay for" apply here?

Looking sweet Kevin. I've seen Phil's boats on line. They are beautiful. How are those GO engines. Haven't heard a lot about them. I have a Wave Slave that I'm working on right now. I'm thinking about the GO vs. The NR TOP long stroke. I'm sure the NR is the way to go, but......$$$$$$$. Is the old saying, "You get what you pay for" apply here?
I absoultely love the GO .21 motors. I have 3 of them. Its all I run.

Its exactly what you pay for,,, a good little engine at a easy price!!!! The go is a beautiful engine Marty!!! Cant go wrong with one. They are very well built and cheaper to rebuild down the road... Heck all the parts Go right in the Nova!!! I have about a gallon through mine and still tight and strong!!!! The only thing I don't like is the Go carb it comes with... I will try and put it back on if I find time and run it to see the performance from it, but for now I have a Nova carb on.... Can't Go wrong Marty!!!!

Holy crap 3, what other hulls do you have or do you have them all set up different for testing? Did you try a 7 port yet or the turbo head???

Holy crap 3, what other hulls do you have or do you have them all set up different for testing? Did you try a 7 port yet or the turbo head???
Kevin, all 3 are a little different. Test engines. And I dont run the turbo heads. I run my own custom head buttons. David Wilfong has been helping me out with button design, and im trying some new stuff here this year. I also have one 7 port piston/sleeve here, but I have yet to touch it. I will raise the timing numbers on it also, when I get around to that motor. The other 2 are 5 port motors.

Do not let others throw your boat in the water, that have not done it before........ Looking for a new rudder and making a new servo mount...... Rossi sales here I come!!!

Latest posts

Back