Big boats making an Exhibition Stop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The event on the 8th is mainly for potential corporate sponsors and media but the general public is welcome too. I talked to the promoter this morning about getting RC boats involved and he was very receptive to that. We also talked about my connections with the local boat clubs that race outboards and the Crackerbox guys about the Crackers and K boats racing as well as the local boat clubs helping with patrol boat duties. I and other members of NAMBA District 9 and members of APBA Region 11 have a meeting with him the day of the exhibition. This should be cool if it happens. It helps that Sam Cole from H1 lives here and JW Myers is a former outboard driver.

sweet . i'll be there for sure. i was the guy that raced the '88 circus( u-00) boat for jim angiers about 3 years ago.

That's great news Mike, Will it be at Granite bay where they raced years ago? Still have an old button from one of the races- Sacramento cup race- Adult admission $2.00 :) Oops-just let my age slip out again.

Glenn

hey mike do you know what time and what lake entrance? i'm assuming it's the granite bay one.

Yes it will be on the Granite Bay side. Take Douglas to the GB ramp. It will run from 11am until 2pm. I will actually be on the water during the event as a patrol boat. The promoter called me yesterday and asked me to round up some of my buddies with boats to do course security around the edges of the course so we don't have a stray Jet Ski or something in the way. H1 boats and the local Sheriff boats are going to be in the infield.

Wingnut, my Dad actually bought that boat from Jim and raced it a few times. Another guy in district now has it and it's still racing.

Glenn, that's cool! Ironically enough Billy Schumacher the owner of 88 Degree Men boat was the one that won driving the Bardahl the last time the Unlimiteds ran here in 1967. So far the boats that are coming are the 11, the 21, the 88 and the 100.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DC Event will be running Friday only! It will be the U-1 U-5 U-7 U-88 Should be a great show! If anyone is coming by stop and say hello!

Scott Liddycoat

U-7 Valken.com

The DC Event will be running Friday only! It will be the U-1 U-5 U-7 U-88 Should be a great show! If anyone is coming by stop and say hello!

Scott Liddycoat

U-7 Valken.com
Welcome to I/W Scott

Put on a good show...just take care of her....you'll need everything she has for San Diego. Great job this season!!

Scott , the Baltimore Model boat club will be there as well as the DC model boaters. We have our disrtict championship that weekend and we all are looking forward to meeting a local hero as yourself who has made the leap into the Unlimited race series.

Scott, welcome to IW. Very cool to have a current driver on our board. Nice job with a heat win and a 2nd in Seattle. I'm hoping to make to Sunday in San Diego. If I do I'll stop by and say hi.

Hope Sac. gets a race next year, Another nice place where they raced in the early 60's was Lake Tahoe on the CA- Nevada border- Beautiful scenery- good shows-good food and legal gaming on the Nevada side of the line.

Awesome day today on Folsom Lake! Things started off just after 11 with a two boat heat, the 11 and the 21. The 21 died with a fuel system problem off of turn 1 where we were so we got to tow Brian and the boat in. Heat two with the 88 and the 100. The 100 got a roost down the scoop and went down on the back straight and more members of District 9 got to tow him in. About 1:30 they set it up for a 4 boat run but the 21 was a DNS so it was 3 wide for 4 laps for the media. They did push it with the 88 trying some new mods that had them hitting 187+ in the straights. The 11 was looking pretty fast as well. Lots of excited spectators and potential sponsors. Looking very positive for May. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Got some nice 3 wide in the turns.

today was my first time seeing unlimiteds in person and it was something i will never forget. i really hope we ge ta race next year because i will be there for sure. i had a lot of jealous and bummed friends that couldn't get out of work.

Once you see them, it's hard not to go back to watch them whenever they're close by. I've only missed the race on Lake Washington once in the past 10 years AND I'M HIGHLY UPSET THAT IT WAS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I did make it to the Madison Regatta in July so I guess that makes up for it ;)

hey mike when you get some time post some of the pics you took. we would love to see them. i took a couple of decent ones but have no idea how to post them.

Been pretty busy and haven't had time to post pics yet. I'll try to get on that today. Here's a local new clip though.

Back