Best glow plug for 1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrUnlimited

Hi guys,

I run a Picco .67EXR with MC9 McCoy glowplugs. I now saw MC59 glow plugs which should perfrom better because they have a better heat range even when the humidity is changing. Anyone tried this plug yet?

Rene

Hi guys,
I run a Picco .67EXR with MC9 McCoy glowplugs. I now saw MC59 glow plugs which should perfrom better because they have a better heat range even when the humidity is changing. Anyone tried this plug yet?

Rene
Stick with what you are using 59s dont perform as well.For my money the mc9 is the best all around plug,i use them in everything from k/b ss stocker to scale and e mono

A 9 is a cold plug. Run the hottest plug that you can keep alive with your particular head volume, load,pipe.... If a 59 will live ,you can burn more fuel and that will make you go faster, you may also want to try a McCoy 8 . There is no one answer to your question much of it depends on your specific motor, prop, pipe... Experiment and find the hottest plug you can run for your specific setup. If you just want a plug that will last forever and allow you to run the motor leaner than you should and not burn out then just go with the 9 as it will last longer with lean mixtures. If on the other hand you want to make the most power you can then try several different heat range plugs. With a hotter plug you will need to open up the needle to let more fuel in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back