Be careful Scammers newest scam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both emails had this in the same order

F/S wood jersey skiff $250
Octura V967 $60 for pair
RCMK R254 $200
Big gauge flow meter $180
Humming Bird Rigger $300
Mac 21 $200
Gas Scale Gilmore Special$1100
27” Dumas SK Daddle kit $50
B Mono $400
Flow Meters For Sale!$300
ABC props for sale.$45 each
Electric starters. Gas pulleys and belts.$250

accepting paypal family and friends only shipping included

thanks..

So to be clear scammers are copying adds on IA and then somehow getting your email or phone# and trying to sell the stuff to you via email.
These are not communications taking place on IA. So we should not respond to emails claiming to be the IA seller.
Thanks for the warning.

I sent this warning a few days ago and it's the same,.
I did report it to PayPal, but looks like we need our own cyber IT person and try to turn the scam back on person or people.
If you don't know who you are dealing with and pay with PP pay the fee, your protected and they may not be able to move there money as quick.

MHardware here. Now my account is security lock and it says it wants me to reset password. Saying it sent an email to me. Which it did not. Not sure I want to click on anything anymore.

The emails looks to be coming from different email addresses. I received one from:

"Mark Olivia" <[email protected]>

Greg's posting showed a different email address it was sent from.
Chris
Yes, same scam as mine, pretty sure this group is running some form of AI that gains them access to our commications where in they try to dupe us with false deals and notifications.

I got burned but because I acted fast in reporting it PP was able to retrieve my payment and was therefore very fortunate.

What gave me comfort to proceed was my contacting the seller directly to confirm the validity of our deal and circumstances.

Just an FYI, at the bank I work at, whenever we receive electronic instructions to transact any form of business we contact the account owners directly and through a call that determines that the request is legitimate. Only then do we proceed. I did exactly this in my latest deal and then proceeded.

Yes it’s a little old school but it works and if banks do it to protect everyone involved then that is about as good as it can get. In this detached social media influenced world it might feel like a step backwards, but if it stops the crooks in their tracks and protects us all, it’s all good.

Think of it this way, you get to personally know someone you have never met face to face and that sounds pretty cool to me.

Have a good day everyone.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AI and it's something that is going to get worse over time as these scamming programs become even more sophisticated. For starters your personal information is out there, bought and sold over and over, unfortunately something we as in people in general have allowed. Hidden in the "terms and conditions" that most blindly agree to when joining and/or using everything from Google to Facebook allows this to happen. Couple that with things like the massive data breach of social security where virtually everyone's SS # is on the dark web (I recently used a service to run a check sure enough my info came up so I've placed watches on my credit data) and it's a recipe for disaster. I will say so far there seems to be one common trait with these scammer emails, at least the ones I've gotten, they all use gmail accounts.

Back