ATTENTION RACERS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

anyone that attended the carolina showdown, and stayed at the RED ROOF INN, needs to check their bank statement very carefully. someone has gotten my cc info, and raped my bank account. that is the ONLY place i gave my cc # out last month. only used it 4 times all month, other 3 were for gas, at the pump, & once on auto withdrawal for auto insurance. i called & secured the reservation with my card over the phone, but paid in cash. i did not put it on the internet, NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL. can't say for sure that this is when the info was hijacked, but the dates match up. my bank & the local police are on it. as of now, they've clipped me for almost $1700.00 !! i should get it all back, just a bunch of crap to have to go thru. check your statements................

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get out of paying for all that boating stuff you've been buying in your sleep, eh? :D

In all seriousness, of the transactions you listed, the one that's most at risk of someone absconding with your CC number was when you called in to reserve the hotel room. That's why I made my reservation online. ;)

i agree, chuck. whoever it was, they were/are pretty stupid. just discovered it last nite, when i opened my bank statement. just by tracking some of their transactions, i know their email, & name. so do the police....... bought software, sent to their email, & registered a domain name, listed their street addy with the internet company. sux it happened, but they made it REALLY easy to track, imho. took me about 15 minutes on google & youtube. i'll let everyone know who it is, when the police & bank are done. nobody here, just another name to remember, f.y.i. .

Just thought I would throw in some scamming trivia. Whenever you stay at a hotel that has credit card looking keys to the room, keep the card. It has all of your credit card info on it. The hotel does not care if you keep it. It costs them pennies because they buy in bulk.

When I was down in Mississippi for a class...one of the mades there stoled some check out of a guys checkbook. She was smart enough to take checks from the middle of his book to make it hard to notice they were gone...but dumb enough to have the fridge she bought, with the stolen check, delivered to her house... :)

Sean

i agree, chuck. whoever it was, they were/are pretty stupid. just discovered it last nite, when i opened my bank statement. just by tracking some of their transactions, i know their email, & name. so do the police....... bought software, sent to their email, & registered a domain name, listed their street addy with the internet company. sux it happened, but they made it REALLY easy to track, imho. took me about 15 minutes on google & youtube. i'll let everyone know who it is, when the police & bank are done. nobody here, just another name to remember, f.y.i. .
Hey Robin,

Sorry to hear what happened, just ain't right.

Glad to see they were stupid enough to leave a trail, hope you recoupe all of your funds.

Doug

About 4 years ago I was hit at a gas station for $14,000. Reserch found, that someone hit 8 cards at the same station on the same day. They were using a wireless laptop and were reading the card info as it was being transmitted. The charges that showed up on my bill were from Nigeria. Getting it all straightened out is not an easy process, it took over a year.

DonB

About 4 years ago I was hit at a gas station for $14,000. Reserch found, that someone hit 8 cards at the same station on the same day. They were using a wireless laptop and were reading the card info as it was being transmitted. The charges that showed up on my bill were from Nigeria. Getting it all straightened out is not an easy process, it took over a year.
DonB
When traveling or using the internet I have a special CC that only has a 500.00 limit and if the charge goes over 100.00 they phone me for and OK.

Walt Barney

I got hit this past week for $5,000. They started Friday night taking $1,000 from checking and another $1,000 from my money market account. Did it again on Saturday, tried again on Sunday but only got $1,000 before the banks computers kicked in.

I found out about it Monday morning (call and email from bank). By 9 am I had jumped through all the hoops. Tuesday AM I had new cards. Wednesday afternoon I had my money back. Bank did fine by me.

Now the mystery is where they got my card info. It appears they used a cloned card. I ate at a restaurant the Sunday before this happened and used that card there. Probably cloned it there. No idea how they got a PIN number to get the money at an ATM.

Back