Art McDougal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan simpson iv

I am working on a Sport project,what I need is somebody that knows what the number of Art's real boat that he Grace built and raced. I tried to get in touch with Perry Walker,thinking he might know,maybe Jack st. clair has some idea what it was...anybody's help would be greatly app.

Art ran in the 48 cubic inch class, which back in the 50's and 60's ran mostly Crosley engines. Art's boat number was Y-88 and the name of his boat was Road Runner. If you go to www.vintagehydroplanes.com and look in the " drivers, builders, owners " section you will find a lot of information and pictures of Art and his boats. He had quite an inpressive career racing big boats.

Dick Tyndall

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have some pic of the old y-88 boat , his later boat was F. C. "DOC" MOOREs Lauterbach which he won US-1 (Y-17). Great guy had alot of fun with them ART , Grace.

Dick Loeb

Thank you guys very much...great info. I was VERY fortunate to have been Art's Right Hand Man for several years,really miss him and Grace.

Back