ALBERTS BACK!! CRAPSHOOTER 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will,

Albert built this boat right along one that Stu built for him I believe.

It is a quality hull I have about 20+ pictures of it. The tub is bulletproof.

I will have more propellers for you to test on it next week Albert. :)

Very Nice Albert,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

The Crapshooter twin is right at about 40" long and a bit over 7" wide.

David,

The weight of this type of construction ends up almost exactly the same as the balsa core build of the standard Crapshooter. As for the twin, Stu's tub was 2.75 pounds as you see it in the picture. Mine was 2.1 pounds before the rails and the top skin. My questimate is that I will be right at Stu's tub weight and I do not need to seal, prime, carbon vail or paint this tub. The most it will get is a thin coat of clear on the top and sides.

As for the question on how I made the boats, After a few years of waiting for my three boats I finally got them. I asked Stu if he would allow me to reproduce the center sections using my original tub as a template and build guide. These boats have been built off of the original Crapshooters that I purchased from Stu.

In summary this build provides a center section that will stay together for as long as you are racing. Weight is the same as a standard Crapshooter so in my book it is perfect for what i want. I could go ultra light but what good is it to have a boat that falls apart after hitting the first turn? I want a boat that is light but one that is built to race and take the abuse for many years to come. This is what I got.

Ask Elias about this build process. My gas rigger hit a bolder head on at full power. It launched over a five foort fence and then hit a tree head on again. I thought for sure even this one was toast. when I got the boat the center section was perfect less the ding on the front. Within one hour I installed a new set of booms, re skinned the front sponsons and I was good to go.

You really can't beat this build for a long l;asting rigger.

Albert

Albert

Say what you want weight or watever thats a bad a@@ build. Extremely sharp Albert. Welcome back to the sport .

Cheers

hugh

Last edited:
Robert,

I am running the CMB Nitro pipe. As for how long does it take to build, It takes me about 12 hours to get the basic tub laid up and after that it is pretty much a typical build. I started my twin two weeks ago and it is complete and going into paint as we speak. The twin took me ten days to build. About five days were six or so hours and the other five days were 10 to 16 hour days. I would guess abiut 80 hours start to finish.

Thanks for all the nice comments. The twin has now gone to the paint shop and I must say it came out Bad @&& BIG TIME. I have had a great time making these three boats. BTW, ran a new prop today on the 45 and it is into the 80's.

Albert

Albert,

The twin propeller sets are done and will ship out Monday morning.

I did another bullet for the 45 Carbon Crapshooter also. Are you going

to the Winternats?

Thanks For The Call Yesterday,

Mark Sholund

Rick,

The Crapshooter twin is right at about 40" long and a bit over 7" wide.

David,

I could go ultra light but what good is it to have a boat that falls apart after hitting the first turn? I want a boat that is light but one that is built to race and take the abuse for many years to come.

You really can't beat this build for a long l;asting rigger.

Albert

Albert , your boats are beautifully built , the quoted statement above says it all . See you at the Winternats with my war torn , weary , thrashed on , ugly boats !!!!

Latest posts

Back